Chapter 29

*Hannah's Pov*

"Did Matt really teach you all this?" Josh asked after we sang Iris.

"Most of it, yeah..." I told him.

"I didn't even know you could sing, Hannah. I feel like I've been away far too long," Josh said.

"Hey..." I held his hand. "Babe, the most important part is that you're here now," I said.

"Can I take you out today?" Josh asked.

"Of course, you can... Where are we going?" I asked.

"That's a surprise," Josh stood up. "Follow me," He said and pulled me with him.

Josh almost ran to the front door. I had a good grip on his hand so I wouldn't fall over. We stopped at the door and took our shoes on. He seemed really excited. I was too, I just didn't know what for. I was just happy to be with him again. I yelled to my mom that Josh took me out. I got a "be careful" back and then Josh lifted me up and walked out to his car. We held hands all while we drove. I had missed his touch so much. When we finally stopped, Josh had parked in front of a building. We got out of the car. Josh went over to me and took his arm around my shoulder. I felt safe in his arms. 

"I wanted to show you my dad's studio," Josh said.

"This is so huge! Does your dad own all this?" I asked.

"Basically, yeah..." He said and we walked inside. 

There were so many plagues and trophies everywhere. I saw platinum records hanging all over the walls. It was really a cozy place at the same time. The actual studio had so many musical things I didn't even know what was for. I was taken aback by what I saw in the recording room. There was set up a microphone, a guitar and a music sheet. I wondered what all this was for. Josh led me to the audio desk and grabbed a chair for me. 

"Put these on and wait here," Josh handed me a pair of headphones.

Josh kissed me softly and quick. Then he walked into the recording room and sat down with the guitar by the microphone. A boy and a guitar is the hottest combo I could think of. He smiled at me and put on a pair of headphones himself. 

"So ever since we started hanging out, you've wanted to hear me sing. I guessed today would be a nice day for you to hear the song I was writing when we first met. It isn't exactly a happy song or a love song but... I don't know," Josh scratched the back of his neck and looked at me.

"It doesn't matter. Let me hear your song, Josh..." I said and shot him a smile.

"Sorry, baby. I can't hear you unless you hold down the big grey button," He said.

I laughed and looked down on the big board of button, trying to locate the one Josh was talking about. When I found it, I pushed it and I tried talking to him again. 

"Can you hear me now?" I asked.

"I can..." His sweet eyes watching mine. "You sound hot," He said.

"Omg, Josh... I just wanted to say that I can't wait to hear your song," I said and smiled.

"I'm actually a bit nervous to sing in front you but imma try," Josh said.

He started strumming his guitar. I loved that he had picked an electric guitar, it sounded sick. I watched his fingers going up and down the frets. He was hitting the chords so perfectly and it was hard for me to keep up. I gave up when he was just about to start singing. I was so excited.

This is the dying, you are the disease,
And I smile like Ritalin, the razor and me.
This is the falling, you are the underground,
This is the deep end, you are the drowning.

One more hit and you'll get better,
Tin foil, cigarettes, you'll be okay.
This is not an after-school special,
This is primetime, reload, and heroin.

This is the final, you are the failing.
This is the retro, you are the out of style.
This is the grinding, you are the decay.
This is the funeral, you are the casket.

One more hit and you'll get better,
Tin foil, cigarettes, you'll be okay,
This is not an after-school special,
This is primetime, reload, and heroin.
Then heroin.

This is the once was, you are the has-been.
You keep saying I'm in over my head.
I'm in over my head.
I'm in over,

One more hit and you'll get better,
Tin foil, cigarettes, but it's not okay.
This is not an after-school special,
This is primetime, reload, and heroin.
And heroin.