Chapter 14

I woke up with Josh's arms wrapped around my tiny body. He wasn't asleep but he hadn't noticed I was awake. I stared at him and admired him for a long time before his look turned to me as well. He smiled at me, his eyes were so blue. 

"How long have you been staring at me like that?" Josh asked.

"I dunno... Two minutes maybe. Haven't you been napping?" I asked back.

"Nah, I couldn't fall asleep," Josh said. 

I moved my head from Josh's shoulder to his chest. I was half sitting kinda, only my head leaning on Josh. Then I felt my stomach cramping up so I sat up and held around it. The bed moved under me, it was Josh. He sat himself up too, next to me and he took his arm over my shoulder.

"Baby, are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm good... It's just a little cramp," I said.

I thought that I maybe have gotten my period. Had I bled through on the sheets though? I could not let Josh see that if so. I moved to the edge of the bed while dragging the covers over where I had been laying. I looked at Josh, smiled and then checked under the cover before laying it down on the bed. I was lucky, no blood to be seen. 

"Imma just go to the bathroom, Josh. I'll be back soon," I said.

"Okay, beautiful..." Josh said as I left the room.

I walked down the hall and entered the bathroom on the right. I looked at myself in the mirror before taking my pants down and sitting on the toilet. I was officially on my period... Yeah, fun times... I needed a bath so I took off my clothes. I gathered my underwear from the cabinet in the bathroom and placed it next to the sink. I turned on the water and waited for about thirty seconds. Then I got in and got clean. I tried to be fast as I wouldn't want to keep Josh waiting by himself. As I finished I stepped out and dried myself then taking a pad from under the sink. 

"Ah, dammit..." I said to myself.

There was only one pad left... I couldn't manage to go downtown today. I didn't want to see more of the outside world today. I was so tired of having been passed out and I just wanted to lay in my bed but no... My body had decided that wasn't going to happen. There was a knock on the door and Josh spoke up from the other side.

"Baby? Are you alright?" He asked.

I opened the door and pulled Josh in then closing the door again. 

"Josh..." I said in a baby voice. "I don't wanna do anything!" I continued in a soft tone. 

"What's wrong, baby?" Josh asked so nicely.

"Ugh... Nothing," I said and walked out of the bathroom. I headed back to my room and sat down on the floor where my bed ended and used it as a backrest. Josh walked in with a confused look on his face.

"Please tell me what's going with you," Josh demanded by the sound of his voice.

"I got my period... I'm sorry," I said and looked up at Josh.

His confused angry expression changed turned into an understanding smile. Josh walked over to me and reached his hand out for me to take it. I grabbed it and he pulled me up from the floor. Josh took a hold of both of my arms. 

"My girl, are you one to easy have mood swings?" Josh moved my hair behind my ears. 

"Kinda..." I said

"That's alright," Josh leaned down to kiss me. "You're cute, you know..." He said. 

"It's not very cute... I have to go out and buy pads because I just took the last one," I said.