Chapter 35

*Josh's Pov*

I was driving around, still wearing my suit. I had forgotten to change before leaving Hannah's house. My clothes were still laying in her room where I put it. I had hoped she would apologize to me before she took off with Matt but that didn't happen. She's just so weird whenever Matt is involved. I don't get why she acts differently when he's around because there's no need to. She doesn't have to impress him. She has me, right? 
Anyway, their graduation was starting at 4 and I had promised to be there. It was now 3:45 so I drove towards the school and met up with Ms. Murray and Phillip so I actually could enter the school. We found some great spots to sit where we could see everything. I could see Hannah and Matt sitting with each other, smiling and laughing. They were properly just waiting for this part to be over with so they could get out and party with all the others. I hoped Hannah wouldn't get an anxiety attack at the party because then her only guy to go to was Matt. 

"Josh, they're starting now," Ms. Murray said to me. 

I packed away my phone and headphones. Time went slowly as we heard all the different graduates' names being called up so they all could get their diploma. Hannah's name was called before Matt's because of the alphabet's order. She looked great even in those ropes they have to wear. Her hair was still just as perfect as when I first saw it. The only thing I regret is we didn't talk things out before she and Matt drove. I would first see her sometime tomorrow probably and that's a long time without talking, especially if you're mad at each other. I didn't understand why she didn't want to have sex with me. It definitely wasn't because of the time. We had over 30 minutes to spare. Something was off and didn't like it at all. After everyone got their hats and diploma, it was time for all us "guests" to leave. The famous prom was about to begin and no parent, non-student or ex-student was allowed to be there. 

"See you around," I said to Ms. Murray and Phillip.

"Take care, Josh and we'll see you soon..." Ms. Murray said to me. 

I got into my car and decided to go back to the cafe we were at earlier just because I wanted some coffee. I parked very poorly because I only had to get that one cup and then I was out again. I had no idea how I would spend this whole evening. I went in and ordered a black cup of coffee just because I didn't bother saying anything else. Then I found a place to sit and wait. I saw that it was the same waitress as earlier who had the shift. She came over with my coffee.

"One cup of black coffee," She said and looked at me. "Oh, hi!" She sounded surprised. 

"Hi again," I said. "And thanks," I smirked.

"I know I'm not supposed to be asking the customers but why are you getting coffee at this time of the day and why are you in a suit?" She asked.

"I had nothing better to do and I just went to graduation," I told her.

"If you have nothing better to do then you should come to a party one of my friends are having tonight," She said.

"That does sound more fun then what I had been thinking about doing," I said.

"Great! If you can wait 15 minutes then my shift is over and we can go together," She said.

"Sounds fine with me," I smiled. "I'll be waiting in my car then," I said.

"Oh, thank god you have a car! They promised it would rain soon," She said.

"See you in a bit then," I said.

"Yeah," She headed back to work.

I went outside with my coffee. It tasted like shit so I just threw it out and lit a cigarette instead. It lasted a good amount of the time I waited for the girl. I hadn't caught her name. How rude of me not to ask. When she finally walked out of the shop, she was no longer in working clothes but was wearing a cute summer dress that was just down to her knees. It was in a color I couldn't describe and it looked very light. I waved to her so we could head off. She saw me and walked over, her dress swaying in the breeze. I opened the door for her and she jumped in.