Chapter 30

Chapter 30, Consequences

Dom stood at the table fixing a few tools in front of him. Anna leaving made him feel very distraught. It reminded him of Letty back when he tried to save her. Part of him felt that maybe he was meant to be alone. Every time he tried to help anyone, he always ended up being the one feeling like a failure. Letty watched him as he was quietly working. She walked up to him getting close. Dom looked at her briefly then going back to what he was doing.

"You can't save her," Letty spoke. Dom sighed at that putting his stuff down.

"Just like I couldn't save you," he said speaking to where she could hear him. Letty shifted turning her body towards him leaning against the table.

"Don't punish me for not remembering," Letty said looking at him straight in the eye.

"Yeah maybe for a while, but you never came back even when you did remember," Dom said still upset at the situation.

"I was trying to protect you. If Shaw would have known that, he could have killed me or went after you. So it was best if I stayed with him." Letty raised her voice.

"Yeah it was best and now you have built a record for yourself. You helped him steal and do things that may put you in prison. How could you sink so low? You thought you could save me by what giving yourself a record? Well congrats you did it," Dom said being sarcastic.

She knew how stubborn Dom can always be. Dom had a hard time with letting go after anyone would hurt him. "Are you not seeing the logic here? I did it to save you." Letty argued.

Everyone looked up hearing Letty raise her voice at him. Dom looked around seeing everyone watching them. "This is going to take some time. You know that," he said calmly.

"Yeah well, I'm not sure why your wasting your time with Anna. She's his and always has been. Maybe you should learn to accept the fact that you can't save everyone." Dom wouldn't admit it, but she could see right through him that he was hurt from Anna leaving.

"Do you have feelings for Shaw?" Dom asked her wanting to know.

"Maybe, but that can change," she looked at him.

"I hope so. He's not worth it," he said standing in front of her. Their eyes met as they looked at each other. Mia was hopeful that Dom would forgive her and try to continue where they left off.

#######################

Anna had been working with Owen for the past day and a half. Deck seemed to avoid her lately after their last encounter. So things have been peaceful for her. Owen just told her to give his brother some time. Deck came in seeing them both working. Anna looked at him briefly staying quiet. Owen nodded at him as he came in giving his brother direct eye contact before going back to his work. Deck looked over at Anna noticing her hair down dressed in jeans and a nice shirt that fit nicely around her figure. Everything about her looked perfect to him as usual. Her scent made him want to take her right there.

He was use to their very intimate relationship. The past day and a half was difficult for him. This wasn't like him to want a woman as much as he did her. She was like a drug to him when it came to sex. Anna fulfilled his needs and loving her made it so much better. "You're looking well," he spoke calmly.

"Ditto," she spoke.

Deck felt much more calmer about things than before. "You know I wouldn't hurt you," he said getting close to her.

"I'm not so sure." Anna said still upset at him.

For once he did feel bad for what he did to her. "I was angry. It was foolish of me to think you slept with Toretto."

"Don't forget about pulling a gun on me." She folded her arms giving him a serious look.

"It will never happen again," Deck took her hand kissing it. She did admire him for trying to be charming. Still there was no excuse for what he did to her.

"You left me for a day and a half. Did you and her have fun?" She asked being sarcastic. She had hoped he did giving her a reason to let go. The thought of it did hurt her.

"I'm not that way." He said being honest.

"Where did you go?"

"I had some jobs to take care of." Deck got close enough to kiss her if he wanted. His hand rubbed along her face while he gazed into her eyes. Anna was so beautiful to him. He didn't like what she had done, but he was willing to forgive her. That was rare for him to do. His arm went around her and he pulled her close the same way he did when he made love to her in the shower one morning. It reminded her of that moment. Deck pictured the water running down on them as he kissed her deeply while thrusting in her. That alone made him hard just thinking about it.

"I need some time," she said excusing herself upstairs. He watched her leave. Owen looked his way.

"I can't blame her. You did pull a gun on her," Owen spoke.

"Yes, maybe to most women, but not Anna." Deck said going after her. He knew it must have not bothered her that much. Even if she dared him to pull the trigger. It was getting late, and he had a job to do. Instead he decided that it could wait.