Chapter 37

Chapter 37, Consequences

Dom knew he was at a stand still. Nor him or Hobbs knew where Shaw was. The only option they had was to wait. His crew stuck by him even Letty. He did think of Anna knowing she was with Shaw. Dom cared about everyone and anyone, but he had decided to let her go. "I'm beginning to realize that Anna was right," he said looking at Brian.

"She was always his. Maybe you just tried too hard to see passed it." Brian set his stuff down leaning against the car. "Mia knew you would get hurt."

"I wish things could go back the way they were with Letty and I," Dom sighed.

"Why can't they?" Brian wondered.

"I'm not ready for it. Knowing she was with Shaw for the past couple of years really took away every thing I felt about her. She knew what the risks were and she didn't come to me." Dom said disappointed.

"She would have gotten herself killed if Shaw figured out what she was doing. Then you would have hated yourself even more if he would have killed her after he figured out her memory back l," Brian argued.

"Brian is right," Mia said coming up to them.

Dom knew he couldn't argue with that. Just knowing the fact that she stayed with Shaw still bothered him. Letty came in to the warehouse. Seeing Dom talking to both Brian and Mia. Dom didn't acknowledge her walking another direction.

"I think deep down he cares for you." Mia said quietly.

"Maybe, but he doesn't let things go that easily. We know that.' Letty reminded her. Letty left them alone following Dom outside. He looked back seeing her coming his direction.

"What is it? All of a sudden you hate me?" Letty asked him.

"I don't hate you. I'm just not ready to just let you back in my life." His tone was calm towards her.

"Why because of protecting you?" She said raising her voice.

"No, because you didn't come back. Instead you stayed with him getting into more crap than what you needed to. Not once have I ever thought you would do what you did." Dom argued.

"I did what I had to do to keep Shaw off your back. I risked my life and I don't get a thank you or kiss my ass. Sometimes I think maybe it was a mistake coming back," she said angry walking back inside. He knew he had to do what he had to do to see passed everything, but for him it wouldn't be easy.

###########

Anna went with Shaw to collect money on a job he did. His assignment was easy. She stood off to the side waiting for Deck to get finished. The people around her started to make her nervous. She hated this place knowing this wasn't the safest of all places. The men would stare her down as she stood there waiting. "Aren't you a pretty little lady," a man walked up to her.

"Get lost," she said annoyed.

The man grabbed her from behind and she tried breaking free. His arms were around her with one of them keeping her mouth covered leading her outside. Before he made it to the door he felt a gun to his head stopping him. "Let her go or I will blow your fucking head off," Deck warned.

She got an arm lose elbowing him in the chest hard enough causing him to let go. Shaw grabbed him throwing him against the wall. He put his gun to his head holding him still. "You've been warned." He said hitting the guy with his gun hard enough knocking him out.

A couple more men tried going after him and he twisted one arm punching him. The other man came up lunging towards him. Shaw moved out of the way causing him to run into the glass shattering it. He took Anna's hand leading her out to his car. They both got in as he turned the engine on.

"And why did you drag me with you?" Anna said sarcastically.

"You agreed to come with me." Deck reminded her.

"That's because you asked me to. You owe me for this," Anna said trying to make a bet with him.

Deck chuckled a little at that. She sounded like many people he had dealt with in the past.

"I normally don't negotiate anything for anyone, but for you I'll make an exception." He said driving off.

"Sure you will." They headed to see Owen. Deck agreed to split half of the money with him. When they arrived, they got out of the car heading in the building. Owen looked up seeing them walking towards him. Deck put his share of the money in front of him.

"That job didn't think take long," Owen spoke.

"Hey Owen, you didn't tell me your brother doesn't repay anyone for helping him," Anna joked. They both snickered at that a little.

"That's because normally he ends up killing them," Owen replied.

"Selfish aren't you?" Anna looked at Deck.

"That's because I trust no one my love," he said kissing her briefly on the cheek.

"Well I guess that counts me out." Anna said getting on a computer checking her E-mail.

"Looks like Toretto will be leaving here soon. Someone informed me that they were about to give up." Owen said to his brother.

"So what's the plan?" Deck asked him.

"We will get him when he least expects it. He will be leaving her in a few days. I want to get back to L.A. the day after tomorrow." Owen replied.

"Owen you ready?" Nina said coming in his direction.

Anna looked over seeing her coming their way. She defiantly looked like the type of girl Owen would consider being with. The way he looked at her seemed to only be for one thing. "Let's go, we need to rest," Owen said flipping the lights off. She walked beside him as he took her hand in his. Deck knew his brother needed someone to relieve his tension. Nina was the one he picked.

Deck looked Anna's direction. She turned off the computer taking his hand in hers. They drove back to their room. It was late and they needed to rest. Anna changed and Deck stripped down to his boxers getting into bed. She got in with him. He pulled her close kissing her neck some. "It's really late and you plan a job on our wedding night," Anna said a little upset.

"The night isn't over yet. We have all day to sleep in." He leaned in kissing her deeply. His hands went up her thighs causing her to moan some. She pulled back to catch her breath. Deck still feared that he would get caught so he planned to enjoy every moment like it was his last.