twenty five - the truth about abigail

it was the next morning, i was tired as ever since i could barley fall asleep last night.

i asked ms. jackson if i could use the washroom and she allowed me to go, mr. lawson's class was no longer with us since we had returned to our classroom.

i splash some cold water onto my bare face, it was the last class of the day yet i couldn't be more excited to go home.

"allie camillo" i raise my head up from the sink and recognize the voice, a smirk was planted on her lips.

"what do you want, abigail?" i ask.

she walks around me, standing in front of the next mirror as she applies a coat of red lip stick onto her lips, running her acrylic nails through her wavy blonde hair.

"has ethan not kicked your ass to the curb yet? he tends to do that once his dick is satisfied." she scoffs.

i furrow my eyes. "excuse me?"

"i mean you guys have obviously fucked," she chuckles, "so he'll probably throw you out soon."

i cross my arms over my chest, "what are you talking about?"

she rolls her eyes, "he'll throw you out just like he did to me! he'll take you on dates and tell you you're beautiful and that you're only thing that makes him happy, until you fuck him a few times and he gets bored."

i cringe at her words, "y-you're lying."

"he told me i was a worthless, pathetic piece of shit when he threw me out of his house. he even threatened me that if i told anyone, things would be hell for me." she continues. "i'd leave before it's too late."

the whole day, abigail's vicious words about ethan were driving me completely insane. i had plans to go over to his house but i was afraid to go now.

after school had ended, i was hesitant on going, but here i am.

ethan and i were laying in his bed after a long, exhausting day at school. we didn't get to see each other much now that final's week is arriving.

our legs were tangled underneath his bed sheets and i had my arm wrapped around him, laying on his chest.

"did abigail come get her stuff yet?" i ask.

he was twirling my hair around his finger, "yeah. she grabbed it yesterday before i went to work."

i nod, "you seem down."

"i'm fine." he tells me. even though he probably wasn't.

"did she say something to you?" i ask.

"baby, i'm fine." he repeats. 

i shrug, "what happen between you and abigail anyways?"

he was too fast to answer, "we're complete opposites."

i frown, "answer truthfully."

"is it even your business?" he asks, frustrated.

i remove my head off his chest to make eye contact with him, "yes, especially when she warns me and tells me you're going to get bored of fucking me so you're going to throw me out like you did to her."

he grows livid, "excuse me?"

"she told me that today, so i want your side of the story." i demand.

his jaw clenches, "you want to know the truth about abigail?"

i nod.

"she was a manipulating, cheating, self conceited, stuck up bitch." he tells me, "and i have no shame in saying that, you know why? because when we slept together for the first time, she snuck out of my bed and tried to sleep with grayson, then she tried to sleep with ashton, then she tried to sleep with all my best friends. and i myself, caught her in the act of trying to drug me at a party. so yeah, i slept with her one last time so it would hurt her when i threw her out of my house with reason, and i did call her names, but i don't regret it at all."

i realize that my jaw was dropped, "a-are you serious."

"ask grayson yourself, ask anyone." he tells me.

"i'm sorry she did that to you." i frown, nuzzling my head back onto his chest in the crook of his neck.

he sighs, "it's okay, i appreciate you coming to me and telling me what happened. i also appreciate you giving me the chance to explain myself."

"well i wanted to hear both sides. it's only fair." i confess.

he kisses the top of my hair and i feel him slowly start to drift off.

"did you also tell her that she was the only one who could make you happy?" i ask, feeling a sharp pain jab through my chest.

"i told grayson he looked good in our grandmas knitted christmas sweater," he says sarcastically, "i say a lot of things to a lot of people that i don't mean, and i said a lot of pointless shit to abigail who is completely worthless to me now."

"do you promise?" i frown.

"i promise," he says, "and i also promise that i mean every single word that i say to you."

"thank you, ethan." i smile. "i trust you."