twenty one - unexpected visitor

i feel my eyes opening as i roll over and reach for ethan, but he isn't in bed. i rub my eyes to adjust to the sunlight shining through his blinds and realize i'm still naked. maybe he's in the washroom.

i see ethan's shirt thrown across the room, as the rest of our clothes were. i quickly go and grab it and slip it on.

that's when i hear ethan talking, he was downstairs. i quietly open his bedroom door and walk down his stairs, his words were muffled but as i walk closer and closer towards his voice, i trip down the stairs and create a loud thump.

"what was that?" the familiar female voice, made my heart cringe. i wasn't sure who it was but my first instinct was to run back up the stairs.

but before i could pick myself up, i see abigail jones standing above me with a shirtless ethan, rushing to my side.

"abigail please leave!" ethan shouts, angrily. "get the fuck out of my house and off my property!"

"ethan i'm fine," i mumble, feeling embarrassed.

"what the fuck is she doing here? are you sleeping with my boyfriend?" abigail asks, her eyes turn red when she looks down at me. or maybe that's what i think.

"we're not together anymore, abigail. get the hell out!" ethan sounded angry, i've never seen him so mad before.

"or what?" she snickers, "allie, you don't know what you're getting yourself into."

ethan pulls at his hair, "LEAVE!"

abigail and i jump as he shouts, i wanted her to leave just as much as she did. but what did she mean by that?

abigail rolls her eyes, "i'll be back on tuesday to gather my things from your closet."

ethan speaks through gritted teeth, "no, it'll be packed in a box out on my front porch for you."

abigail laughs, "whatever, ethan. see you around, allie."

when abigail exits ethan's house, he runs his hand through his hair, "i'm sorry allie, i had no idea she was coming here."

i shake my head, "it's okay."

he looks at me and studies my face, "anyways, how are you? did you hurt yourself when you fell?"

i smile at him, "no, i'm perfectly fine."

"i see you're wearing my shirt." he grins, wrapping his muscular arms around my back, pulling me into a cozy hug. i wrap my arms around him tightly.

"it's comfy." i mumble against his chest.

he pulls away just a little bit, his arms were still around me but he pulls away so he could see my face, without saying a word, he syncs his perfectly soft lips onto mine and i immediately melt, kissing him back.

"now," he mumbles onto my lips, "what do you want for breakfast?"

i giggle, "cereal."

"then cereal you must have." he teases, walking into the kitchen as he grabs two bowls from the cupboard.

"do you have chocolate pebbles?" i ask, licking my lips.

"luckily for you, that's the only kind we have. it's mine and gray's favourite." he tells me.

i watch him pour the cereal into both bowls as he adds milk, pushing the bowl towards me, he speaks.

"i have a job interview today." he tells me.

"for what?" i ask, curiously.

"don't laugh, okay?" he tells me.

i nod.

"pizza delivery." he says.

i can't help but let out a gigantic laugh, it's not that the job was bad. but ethan certainly does not look like a pizza delivery guy.

"allie!" he exclaims, covering his now reddened face. "stop laughing!"

"ethan," i chuckle, walking around the counter to wrap my arms around his waist. i try and hold in my laughter as i talk, "it's not even bad."

"then why are you laughing at me?" he asks.

"you just don't look like a pizza delivery guy," i giggle, "but hey, you'll be making a lot of tips, you're delivering pizza and you're hot, it's a bonus."

"very true, and i get to deliver pizza to hot girls when they have sleepovers." he smiles, widely.

i slap his chest, "shut up."

"well, i need a job since i want to buy my own apartment. i'm sick and tired of living here, grayson drives me nuts, my mom and dad are rarely ever home. my sister finally moved out. i just can't wait to live alone." he explains to me.

"won't it be lonely sometimes?" i ask.

"i'll just call you over." he shrugs.

we continue to eat our cereal. once we finish breakfast, i had texted my mom telling her that i ended up sleeping at nikki's house. i should probably tell her what happen between justin and nikki so that i can stop lying to her.

i had changed back into my clothes from last night when ethan had to drive me home. i didn't want to leave, i like being around ethan.

when we pull up to my driveway, ethan sighs.
"well, here is your stop."

i sigh and turn my face towards him, kissing his cheek before getting out of his car.

"thanks for taking my virginity last night." i grin, looking at him through the window.

"thanks for letting me take it." he grins back. "i'll text you later."

i smile, "i'll be waiting."