nine - feelings mutual

"your dad and i won't be home when you get home from school today," my mom tells me, "we'll be taking ava to disney land."

i pout my bottom lip, "why can't i come?"

"honey, your seventeen. we took you multiple times when you were her age." my mom chuckles, i can't help but crack a smile as i finish eating my cereal.

"so your aunt kristen is coming to watch you." she states, putting away some dishes.

i almost choke on my cereal, "pardon me?"

"we'll be spending the night." she tells me, "i don't want you staying here all by yourself."

"but i'm seventeen!" i exclaim, "i am certainly old enough to stay home alone."

"you like your aunt kristen," my mom glares at me, "she won't bother you, she's just spending the night. she'll be here around the evening."

i groan, "whatever."

my mom was driving me to school today which is why i had more time for breakfast, she was on her way to work so she dropped off ava and i. ava was in the best mood this morning, probably stoked for after school.

when we reach my high school, my mom places her hand on my arm and i look back at her before leaving.

"honey, i don't want you to feel like we are cutting you out of the family. we just know that it wouldn't be as fun for you and ava really wants to spend time with dad, you understand right?" my mom asks, making a smile spread across my lips.

"of course i understand mom," i tell her, "don't worry about it."

she places a kiss on my cheek and i step out of her car, watching her drive off. right at that moment, my phone vibrates and nikki texts me.

come to the bathroom on the third floor!!! asap

why, are you okay?

just come!!!

i tuck my phone in my pocket and continue walking into the school, keeping my eye out for justin on my way to nikki.

as i walk up the stairs, i feel someone grab my bag so i almost fall back, with irritation i turn around and of course, it's ethan.

"dude!" i exclaim, "i almost fell down the stairs."

he rolls his eyes and joins beside me, walking up the stairs with me. "where are we meeting today?"

i shrug, "i don't know, but we really shouldn't be seen together in public."

"come to my house, my family is gone for the weekend." he tells me.

"okay, now go away." i tell him, slightly annoyed.

he disappears in the group of people we pass, and i finally face the washroom that nikki is in, rushing in to see what was so urgent.

"nikki?" i call out, stepping inside.

"thank goodness you're here!" i'm immediately grabbed into a hug, she had tears dripping her face and i automatically grab onto her shoulders.

"nikki what's wrong?" i panic, "why're you crying?"

"allie," she cries, "i think i'm pregnant."

school was boring today, despite the fact that nikki thinks she's pregnant because she hasn't gotten her period in a week and recently had sex with seth, that's the only thing that really drew my attention. nikki hasn't tried any pregnancy tests yet, but she's going to soon. i feel bad for her, she's not capable of being a mom yet, she likes to party and drink, she likes to hoe around, she can't settle down with a baby and stop her life. it'd kill her, but at the same time. it's her fault. hopefully she isn't pregnant.

i collapse onto my couch once i get home, i didn't want to go to ethan's today, but maybe he forgot since he hasn't messaged me.

grabbing a bowl of grapes out of my fridge, my phone vibrates and of course it's ethan.

come. over. now.

i'm busy

no you're not

i'm eating

come eat my dick

i'll pass

you won't be saying that when i show justin your picture.

i hate you.

don't worry, feelings mutual

ethan gives me his address and i write a note and stick it onto the counter for my aunt kirsten when she arrives, saying i'm at my friend nikki's house.

when he gives me his address, i realize his house is a good twenty minute walk, and i was up for the walk in the breezy california weather.

he kept texting me, asking where i was every ten minutes, so i'd always have to snapchat him a picture of my surroundings every ten minutes.

sadly, we hit a three day streak and he also replaced justin at the top.

once i was on his street, my hands started sweating. nothing was good when you were alone with ethan, i mean he makes you feel good, but other than that. nothing. he was so intimidating.

nervously knocking on his door, it opened in seconds and he stood in a pair of black adidas track pants, and shirtless.

"i can't believe you walked all the way here just for me." he smirks, stepping aside so i'm able to walk in.

"don't flatter yourself asshole, you threatened me." i scold him. although it was hard to be so serious when his muscular upper top was blinding me.

"are you staring at me?" he steps closer towards me, closing all space between us as he snakes his arms around my waist, lowering his hands down to my ass.

i smirk and push his chest away, "i'm thirsty, can i have a drink?"

he rolls his eyes playfully before walking into his kitchen. opening his fridge he starts naming the options, "i have milk, fruit punch, water and iced tea."

"water please." he hands me a bottle, and smirks at me.

"what?" i ask, wiggling my eyebrows.

"i don't think i've told you this, allie." he pauses, "but you're really pretty."