twenty eight - allie's birthday

it was finally my birthday, i was officially eighteen now. ethan was coming over to meet my parents today and i'm praying all goes well.

ethan and i have been dating for a week and a few days, yet we know everything about each other and spend almost every day together. josie and grayson were also coming over later tonight to celebrate with me.

as i curl the last piece of my hair. i turn off my appliances and head downstairs, ethan confessed to me that he was nervous. but i told him it was going to be fine.

he was here and i opened the door, greeting him with a hug, he squeezes my waist tightly.

"happy birthday, precious. you look gorgeous." i grin before he pecks my lips. i look down and see a gift bag in his hand. two actually.

"ethan" i groan, "why?"

"because you deserve it," he tells, "and many more that i just couldn't afford right now."

he steps into my house and i grab my gifts, setting them in the living room. i grab his hand as i lead him into the kitchen where my parents and ava are.

"mom, dad, ava." i smile, "this is ethan"

right at that moment, my mom pulls him into a hug. "you are one handsome young man, it is so nice to meet you."

"you too, mrs. camillo" ethan smiles politely, my dad shakes ethan's hand and gives him a smile.

"and i'm guessing you're ava." ethan squats down to face ava, she's shy as she giggles, hiding behind her hands.

"yeah" she answers softly.

"it's okay ava" i reassure her, "he's nice"

"i also like to tickle shy people." he tells her, she laughs and runs away, making my mom smile at me.

as we sit down and eat the lunch that my mom prepared for us. she wanted to give a toast. i mentally face palm myself.

"happy eighteenth birthday, allison. you've grown into such a beautiful young lady that your dad and i couldn't be more proud of. this is for you. we love you" and we clink our glasses. even though ava, ethan and i were drinking water.

through out the dinner, my mom and dad spoke to ethan, and ethan seemed to be having a good time. it was nice to see my dad associating with someone i love, he was never like this with justin.

ethan told us childhood stories that made my mom laugh uncontrollably, him and my dad also bonded over ancient cars and actors that my mom, ava and i don't know.

ethan was being real with my family and i loved it.

after we had ate, my mom shooed us off, ethan told me that he wanted to get on ava's good side so we went to hangout with her.

"hey ava" i knock on her bedroom door, "can ethan and i come in?"

"yeah" she calls out behind the wooden door.

we enter and see her feeding her plastic baby doll, her face reddens when she sees ethan.

"oh no," ethan says jokingly, "is ava still shy?"