Chapter 8

Angel:
"Tiffany! Wake up!" I opened my eyes and saw Shayla standing over me. "Happy birthday!"

I smiled as I sat up. "Thanks Shay."

She sat on the edge of the bed and handed me the bright pink gift bag in her hand.

"You didn't have to get me anything."

"But I wanted to! Now open it!"

I removed the white tissue paper and pulled out the box inside. When I opened the box I smiled at the silver bracelet inside.

"Thank you so much Shay." I leaned over to hug her. "I love you."

"I love you too." She smiled. "Unfortunately, I have to go to class now but you're off tonight right?"

"Yeah."

"Good! Then we can go out and celebrate later."

"Go out where?"

"To Skylounge?"

"Ooh yes! I can't wait."

"Alright, then it's a date." She smiled. "See you later."

She got up, grabbed her bag and left.

I laid back down and started to drift back to sleep but my phone started to vibrate under my pillow. When I picked it up, I saw that it was Drew calling. Him and I haven't talked since Monday when he went off on me. I didn't wanna answer but I made myself do so anyway.

"Hello?"

"Happy birthday baby girl."

"Thanks..."

"I've got a present for you. When can I come give it to you?"

"I...I don't want it."

"What?"

"I don't want your gift. Matter of fact, I don't want anything to do with you Drew. I'm not gonna let you keep beating on me then forgiving you a few days later. It's over."

"Don't say that Tiffany! We love each other! Don't let a few petty arguments tear us apart."

"Petty arguments? You consider you slapping and punching me in my face a petty argument? I've had enough of your shit Drew. It's over between us."

Before he could say anything else I hung up.

I tucked my phone back under my pillow and laid back down. A few minutes later my phone started to vibrate again and I sighed, thinking it was Drew again but when I looked I saw a text from Abel.

Daddy😍: Check your mailbox

I stared at the text in confusion for a few seconds before getting up and sliding on a pair of puma slides.

I made my way outside to the mailbox and when I opened it, a small black box was sitting in there. I grabbed it and excitingly went back into my apartment so that I could open it.

I sat on the couch and smiled to myself as I took the top of the box off. The first thing that caught my eye was a hand written note.