Chapter 32

Tiffany:
I woke up to the sound of my phone vibrating on the nightstand. I picked it up and saw that it was Tre trying to FaceTime me.

I knew I shouldn't have answered it but I hadn't talked to him or Ash since the week before I left, and I just wanted to know how they were doing.

I answered the phone and smiled when I saw Aisha on the screen.

"Hi Ash!"

"Hey Tiffy!" She smiled back. "Where you at?"

"I'm in Ibiza."

"A pizza?"

"No." I laughed. "I'm aaaall the way in Spain."

"You coming back? I miss you!"

"Aaw I miss you too. I promise to come see you when I get back."

"And we go to rollie pollies?"

"We can go wherever you want!"

"Yay!"

"Ash, where's your dad?"

"He in the kitchen."

"Did you take his phone?"

She giggled and nodded. "Yup!"

I was gonna ask to talk to him but I heard the shower turn off.

"I gotta go Ash, tell your dad I said hi."

"Okay, bye Tiffy!"

I hung up as Abel walked into the room with a towel wrapped around him.

I smiled as I crawled to the edge of the bed. "Good morning."

"Good morning." He leaned down to give me a kiss. "Who were you talking to? You hung up pretty quick."

"Don't worry about it baby."

"Was it that dude?"

"No..."

"Don't lie to me."

"It wasn't him. It was his daughter..."

He rolled his eyes. "I thought you were done playing house with them."

"I'm not playing house with them Abel. I just don't wanna abandon her. Tre is supposed to be working things out with her mom and as soon as she's back in Ash's life, I'll step out."

"He's probably not even gonna work things out with her and he's just using his daughter to keep you on the hook."

"That's not true."

"Whatever." He shook his head as he walked over to his suitcase. "You want things to be like they used to but how am I supposed to trust you when you're still talking to niggas behind my back?"

"I was just talking to his daughter and I told you him and I are just friends."

"You also told me you were done talking to him."

"If it was just him, I would've but I'm gonna feel so bad if I just abandon Ash."

"Okay."

"But I swear I'm not involved with him. I know how it feels to have someone you love cheat on you and I could never hurt you like that."

He knew I was talking about getting hurt by him and chose to ignore me.

"Abel...remember what we talked about the other night? How we gotta start talking things out."

He silently he pulled clothes out his suitcase and dropped his towel to put his boxers on.

"I promise you, him and I aren't involved like that. He's in love with his ex and I'm in love with you...We're just friends and I just wanna be there for Ash, at least until her mom is back in the picture."