Chapter 30

Abel:
I got out of the shower and when I checked my phone I saw a text from Tiff saying she had just landed in LA and would be at my house in thirty minutes.

I put on a pair of grey Nike sweatpants and a white t-shirt before going downstairs.

Tiff's birthday was coming up so I decided to surprise her like I did last year but this time I was going to be there to see her reaction.

I had balloons and flowers all over the foyer and living room along with a few gift bags and our plane tickets to where I decided to take her.

I heard a knock on the door and when I answered it, I was expecting to see Tiffany but it was just Lamar.

"Aaw is this all for little ol' me?" He asked as he walked in the door.

I rolled my eyes at him. "No, it's for Tiff."

"Ooh yeah, I forgot she was flying out." He said as he looked around the living room. "She must have you whipped since you buying all these balloons and flowers and shit."

"I'm not whipped. I just really wanna show her how much she means to me."

"You really love this girl, huh?"

"Yeah, I do. It's kind of weird 'cause I never thought I'd fall in love, but here I am with a living room full of pink balloons."

He laughed. "Love will make you soft."

"I'm not soft."

"And I'm not bald."

"Nigga shut up. Just 'cause I like doing nice shit for my girl don't mean I'm soft. I'm sure if you had a girl you'd do nice things for her too."

"Are you throwing shots 'cause I'm single? You-"

There was another knock at the door so I went to answer it and this time it was Tiffany.

I smiled as I lead her inside and she stopped to look around the foyer.

"Aaw Abel!"

"There's more."

She followed me into the living room where Lamar was sitting on the couch eating the candy that I had bought her.

"Surprise!" He said. "You get me for your birthday!"

She laughed. "Lamar you're a clown."

"Nah, he's just annoying." I rolled my eyes at him then picked up the envelope on the table and passed it to her. "Happy birthday baby."

She excitedly opened the envelope then scanned over the plane tickets inside.

"We're going Ibiza?!"

"Yup, and I-"

Lamar butted in. "I'm coming too!"

"Yeah, but we're not gonna be with him and the guys. This trip is all about us."

She smiled. "When are we leaving?"

"At seven, so we got some time if you wanna open your gifts and model some of that lingerie for me."

Lamar asked from the couch. "Do I get to stay for the show?"

"Nigga get out my damn house."

"Fine but whatever yall trying to do, make it quick 'cause the crew's supposed to be meeting us here in like thirty minutes.

"Just meet us at the airport."