Chapter 10

Abel:
I woke up without Angel next to me and the sound of music coming from the living room.

I got up and put on a pair of sweats before walking down the hall. I found Angel in the kitchen, dancing around to One In A Million by Aaliyah as she cooked.

I wrapped my arms around her from behind. "Good morning."

"Good morning." She smiled and turned her head to give me a kiss. "I made pancakes."

"Thank you, but I kind of don't want pancakes."

"Ooh, then what do you want?"

I turned her around to face me. "You."

I kissed her as I picked her up and sat her on the counter. She wrapped her arms around my neck and tugged at my bottom lip with her teeth.

"Abel turn the stove off before the eggs burn."

I reached over and turned it off then put my hands on her hips and pulled her to the edge of the counter. She wrapped her legs around me as I started to kiss down her neck but stopped when I heard her phone vibrating next to her.

I picked it up and rolled my eyes when I saw a text from Drew.

Drew: I miss you Tiff. Text me when you can so we can talk this out. I love you baby

"Who is it?"

I handed her the phone and she sighed before putting it down.

"I told him not to text me anymore..."

"He doesn't love you. You know that right?"

"How would you know?"

"Because he abuses you. I real man would never put their hands on the woman they love."

She looked down at her hands and whispered. "It's only happened a couple times."

"If he loves you, it should have never happened at all." I gently grabbed her chin and made her look at me. "Do you love him?"

"No, no...but I guess he's the closest I've ever been to being in love...he cared about me and-"

I sighed heavily. "He didn't care about you Angel, but I do. So I want you to block his number, right now. Whatever you two had going on is over. Alright?"

She nodded as she picked up her phone. She tapped around a little bit then turned it to show me he was blocked.

"Thank you. Are you working later?"

"No, why?"

"I wanna take you out tonight."

"Ooh, where to?"

"Where's your favorite place to go?"

"Um...Piedmont park!"

"You wanna go to the park?"

"Yeah. Maybe we can have like...a picnic? Unless that's too romantic or whatever..."

"No, I think a picnic is a good idea."

"Alright, but I've got to go home to get ready, I don't have a lot of clothes here."

"How 'bout we eat breakfast, then I'll take you home and I'll come back to get you around seven?"

She smiled. "Sounds good."

I moved and let her hop off the counter. She made us plates of now semi-cold pancakes and eggs then we sat down to eat together.