Chapter 37

Tiffany:
After landing in Toronto, Abel and I still barely spoke. He took me to his condo so we could get ready to go see his mom but I didn't feel comfortable going to see her and sitting in home with a smile on my face as if everything was okay between Abel and I.

I was laying in bed, cuddled up with a pillow when Abel came out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist.

He looked at me. "Why aren't you dressed?"

"I don't think I should go."

"My mom is really looking forward to seeing you Tiff."

"I know but I don't feel comfortable going to see your mom when you and I haven't even talked about-"

"We'll talk about it later. Just please get dressed."

"Fine, give me thirty minutes."

I got up and walked into the bathroom to take a quick shower. Once I got out, I walked back into the room wrapped in a towel and Abel was still in there.

His eyes trailed down my body and he licked over his lips before sighing heavily and turning to leave the room.

"I'm gonna go wait in the living room."

As soon as he closed the door, I grabbed my phone from the bed to FaceTime Shay.

After a few seconds she picked up the phone and as soon as I saw her face I bursted into tears.

"Tiff, baby what's wrong?"

"I told Abel I'm pregnant." I muttered through my sobs. "And he's upset. He didn't talk to me the whole flight to Toronto and he's still barely talking to me now. He wants me to go meet his mom but I don't think I can. How am I supposed to act like everything's okay when he doesn't want our baby?"

"Did he say he doesn't want it?"

"No, but I can tell he doesn't by the way he's acting."

"Maybe he's still trying to figure out how he feels? I know it must be hard that he's not giving you the reaction you were looking for but give him some time Tiff."

"Okay." I sniffled. "Thanks Shay."

"You're welcome. Now calm down, take a few deep breaths and get dressed so you can go meet your future mother in law."

I laughed. "Alright, I'll call you later."

We hung up and I went over to my suitcase, unzipped it and pulled out a fendi dress and a pair of black heels.

When I was done getting dressed, I walked out to the living room where Abel was sitting, playing on his phone.

"I'm ready."