Chapter 18

Angel:
I sat at my vanity, fixing my hair before I had to go start my shift. I really didn't feel like working, I was tired and Abel and I still weren't really talking so I missed him.

"Hey Tiff." Brandi said as she sat down next to me. "Are you okay? You look sad or something."

"I'm good, just tired. I haven't been sleeping that well lately."

"Ooh, maybe Sleezo will let you leave a little early."

I rolled my eyes. "I doubt it."

My phone went off and I sighed when I saw the notification from instagram. It was Drew sending me another DM. I blocked his number so he's been hitting me up on instagram, twitter and Snapchat all day. He's been trying to contact me in every way possible for almost a week and it was stressing me out. He'd message me and tell me that he's watching me, how much he misses me and that he really wants to be with me again but I wouldn't respond to him. I promised myself that I'd never go back to him, no matter how much he begged me because he didn't deserve me or my time.

"Angel!" I heard Sleezo call my name. "Come on!"

I got up and locked my phone in my locker before leaving the back room.

I went to the bar and tried to get a shot of tequila but Kandy was working the bar.

"You know Sleezo doesn't like for us to drink while we're working."

"You know Sleezo doesn't like for us to drink while we're working." I rolled my eyes as I mocked her. "Just give me a damn drink."

"What are you so hostile for? You mad 'cause you lost your nigga to that disney chick?"

"He wasn't my man." I lied the best I could. "He was just one of my regulars."

"Nah, you two were definitely more than that. I could tell-"

"Shut up Kandy! You don't know what the fuck you're talking about!"

"Whatever." She shrugged and turned her attention to the man that was standing there listening to us go back and forth. "How can I help you?"

"Can I get two shots of Tequila please?"

She nodded and poured him two shots before sliding them across the bar to him.

He smiled and slid one over to me. I smiled back and caught Kandy glaring from the corner of my eye.

"Thanks."

"No problem...You're Angel, right?"

"Yes, that's me."

"I'm Kevin."

I practically stared at him as he continued to talk. He was brown skin, around six five, and kinda muscular. He was cute but I could tell by the way he carried himself that he was a dork.

"Nice to meet you Kevin, what brings you here tonight?"

"You." He said as he looked me up and down. "You think I can get a dance?

"Of course."

I downed my shot then grabbed his hand and started to lead him over to a couch but he stopped me.

"I was thinking maybe we could go to a private room?"

I knew most guys expected sex when they got dances in the private rooms but I wasn't like that, except for when Abel was around, so I never take guys back there.