Chapter 24

Angel:
I woke up and quietly got out of bed to go make breakfast for Abel and I. I wasn't sure how mad at me he was or if he even was still mad but I knew either way, food would make the situation better.

"Damn, what are you making?" I heard Abel from behind me. "That shit smells good."

"French toast, eggs and sausage."

I made a plate for both of us then took them over to the table.

He sat down with me and we awkwardly ate in silence until he broke it.

"So you don't work at Magic City anymore?"

"No...I told you I was done with that place."

"So what have you been up to since coming back here?"

"I decided to go to college."

"Really? Which one?"

"Shay convinced me to apply to Spelman and...I got accepted."

"Really?!" He asked as a big smile spread across his face. "That's great!"

"Yeah, I'm really excited about it honestly."

"What are you studying?"

"Sociology. I obviously didn't have the healthiest relationship with my family growing up so I thought becoming a social worker would be perfect so I can help other families."

"That's great. I'm really proud of you Tiff."

I smiled. "Thanks"

"Have you been talking to Drew?"

"No, he's been trying to talk to me but I keep ignoring him."

"Good. I was nervous you were gonna come back here and start fucking with him."

"No, I don't want anything to do with him."

He nodded as he continued to eat.

It was still awkward and I could feel the tension between us as we sat at the table.

I mumbled. "Do you wanna talk about it?"

"I know you said you were scared to do something else 'cause being a stripper is all you've known but you could've told me that. You didn't have to lie to me and go behind my back Tiff. We could've talked it out."

"I know...I'm sorry..."

"You've got so much potential and I'm glad that you're done with stripping and finally seeing that you can do other things."

"It's all 'cause of you and Shay. No one else thinks I'm capable of anything else." I shrugged. "Anyway...When are you going back to LA?"

"Tomorrow."

"Ooh, okay."

"You can come with me if you want."

"I want to but I don't think I can take my classes online and I can't transfer with no credits."

"I'm sure we can figure something out...I really miss coming home and seeing you and us just hanging out. It was honestly depressing walking in the house everyday and not seeing you."

"Aaw I missed you too."

"Are you busy today?"

"No, why?"

"Let's go out."

"And do what?"

"Anything you want."

"Let's go to the movies!

"Okay." He laughed. "What movie?"

"We can decide when we get there."