CHAPTER 23: DELCARLO DINNER AFFAIR (PART A)

Devon clutched onto Maggie’s hand as tight as I would have if I was holding her hand. I felt myself shifting in my dress and rubbing my hands on my knee however my mother grabbed hold of my hand and smiled. She mouths “You’ll be okay” and I smiled back.

The car came to a stop and no words could describe the place we pulled up at. The house was not humongous alone it was a dynasty in itself, like a castle, the colossal feel to it with a gigantic lawn in front of it and I couldn’t help but be lost in amazement.

Maximilian stood out like a sore thumb in between the valet; young handsome men waiting with a smile. Maximilian stood emotionless once the door opened and I stepped out. I couldn’t tell how he was feeling or if there was something wrong with my dress so I looked down at It and rubbed down the fabric.

Taylor's Dress

Taylor's Dress

S

ergio pushed him towards me and he stumbled lightly before he held out his hands still with no emotion and grabbed onto my own. I sheepishly smiled and he titled my head and his soft lips graced my jaw. His breath warm and intoxicating to my insides and he whispered huskily

“I’ve travelled the world, but you are the utmost scenic beauty I have ever come across, and that’s not even the most mind-blowing thing about you. Bella”

I could feel my insides melting and the butterflies leaving their cocoons and into my stomach. How do you come up with a response for such a compliment? I looked up at him unable to express myself but turned instantaneously towards the whistle of a male walking towards me. I looked at Maximilian and he smiled apologetically and the next thing I know I was in the arms of a tall muscular man and next a short Italian woman, she kissed me on the cheek all the while talking wildly in Italian, she grabbed my hands and spun me around elegantly and I could swear Maximilian said ‘Fancullo’

He grabbed my hand and walked me up the winding steps to the castle. Everything looked magical, from the setting to the light music playing in the background and the décor with the graphics and the fountain. The garden didn’t look like a garden but rather a huge playing field with a huge table in the middle.

The feast had been laid down on the table and the silverware reflected towards us. He leaned back in my ears and goosebumps found their way on my body.

“Sorry, about all the excess, my mum insisted” he smiled apologetically and I grabbed his hands to reassure him that everything was fine.

I wanted to say something, anything. However I was completely blown away by everything happening. Cousins after uncles came up to say hi and each of them getting harsh looks from Maximilian, his female cousins however was way more daring and none really took him seriously. No one other than my friends was looking around in Awe.

The room suddenly fell silent and I could have sworn, this is the scene from a movie when the queen of the fairies floats in. His mother walked in or rather floated in, in the most magnificent dress anyone could wear for a dinner party. The dress that I was wearing felt like garbage when I looked up at her. She was wearing a spaghetti strap dress in the design of Egyptian and from this stand point it looked like something Cleopatra would wear.