CH.12

May 20th, 2016
Day Before BBMA's
Last Rehearsal
5:00p.m

Dinah's POV
'You say you want me
So show me you do
(I do)
Tell me if it's really true
(Nah- I don't want nobody else but you)'

"Dinah,on the first line there will be a bunch girls around you,  but you're trying to get to Normani. So on your ad-lib I do the girls are closing you in, but--"

"Naw, that's too much. Sean, just let me watch her dance and then on my second ad-lib, I'll walk to her and get behind her." I say. He was trying to do too much.

"Okay, that's work. Less dancers I have to teach. What about the last part of the song."

"Well that's all Normani, so I'll just follow her lead. Where is she anyway? " It was the last day of rehearsal and we are practicing on stage.

"She's doing her Xfinity pratice, they should be done by now." Sean looks down at his phone.

I nod my head. "Well I can't do 3005 until she comes out, so I'm finna facetime my babies." He gives me a thumbs up and I go grab my phone and call my kids.

----
[Dinah:]Girl you know I'm all about you
[Mani] You need anything I got you
[Dinah:] Just don't wanna be without you
[Mani] That's one thing I like about ya
[Dinah:] I want you to be my rider
[Mani:] I know you've been thinking 'bout it
[Dinah] Girl I'm gonna make you mine
[Normani:] Guess there's just no way around it

"Aight so that's the chair part, that means Dinah will be in the chair and Normani you know where you'll be. Dinah your verse comes after that, so you'll get up and Dinah will strut blah blah blah. We did that part the other day." I drink my water as I listen to her.

"Now here's the new part,"

You say you want me so show me you do (I do)
Tell me if it's really true
(Yeah I don't want nobody else but you)
I've got what you've been feenin' (I don't want nobody else but you)
Come show me if you mean it (I don't want nobody else but you)

"Normani on the first line you turn to Dinah and push her shoulder back and yall walk backwards to the chair. Don't sit in the chair Dinah just stand in front of it. Now on the last line 'come show me if you mean it'
Dinah wrap your arm around her waist and sing in her ear."

We do what she ask and I can't lie we look pretty good and what Normani is wearing is making it so much fun.

"GUYS! This is amazing now let's do the last part of the song and then we'll do 3005." I smile as Normani wipes the sweat off my forehead for me.

[Normani:]
And if you tell me about it then can you show me if it's true
I see you talkin' about all these things you say you wanna do
You wanna make me your rider, 'cause you like the way I'm move
And if you say that you got me you down for me, I'm down for you

And if you tell me about it then can you show me if it's true
I see you talkin' about all these things you say you wanna do
You wanna make me your rider, 'cause you like the way I'm move
And if you say that you got me you down for me, I'm down for you

"This is a dance break for Normani. Dinah try not to look lost. I broke the song in kinda of a slow beat right here. It's more of a slowed down version but it'll pick back up after this verse."

"So am I getting a lap dance?" I ask eagerly. Normani gives me a stank face.

"Kinda, but not really as matter of fact you can sit back down in the chair and this will all be on Normani." She points at Mani, who just says okay.

Mani does her part again and she grabs my hand and sits me down in the chair. It was like a tease. I could look but I couldn't touch.

"Yes, gurl get it!!!" Normani just smirks and grabs my hand to pull me to my feet.

She puts her arms around my shoulder and I sing my verse as I wrap my arm around her waist. Well I  was more so just ad-libbing.

I got what you've been feenin' (I don't want nobody else but you)
Come show me if you mean it (I don't want nobody else but you)
I don't want nobody else but you (I don't want nobody else but you)

The last pose we're in is when Mani is facing the crowd and my back is turned. Kinda like how Jay-Z and Beyoncé did.

"Beautiful, beautiful. Now Dinah let's do your song. Once we get it down we'll run through all the songs." Tinashe says and I agree.

"Normani get in your spot." Normani goes to the center of the stage. I head to the back so I could come through when the door opens.

"PLAYBACK"
No matter what you say or what you do
When I'm alone, I'd rather be with you
Forget these other guys, I'll be right by your side
Till 3005, hold up

The doors open and I come out and start my verse

Hold up, wait a minute, all good just a week ago
Crew at my house and we party every weekend so
On the radio, that's my favorite song
Made me bounce around, like I don't know, like I won't be here long
Now the thrill is gone
Got no patience, cause I'm not a doctor
(Mani sings the next line with me and wink at her)
Girl why is you lying, girl why you Mufasa

Yeah, mi casa su casa, got a stripper like Gaza
Got so high off volcanoes, now the flow is so lava
Yeah, we spit that saliva, iPhone got message from Viber
Either the head is so hydra, or we let bygones be bygones
"My God, you pay for your friends?" I'll take that as a compliment
Got a house full of homies, why I feel so the opposite?
Incompetent ain't the half of it
Saturdays we Young Lavish-ing
Saddest shit, is I'm bad as it
These they took from the cabinet (woah)
Sorry, I'm just scared of the future
Till 3005, I got your back, we can do this, hold up

I looka at Mani and she starts to sway her hips as she sings her verse.

No matter what you say or what you do
When I'm alone, I'd rather be with you
Forget these other guys, I'll be right by your side
Till 3005, hold up

No matter what you say or what you do
When I'm alone, I'd rather be with you
Forget these other guys, I'll be right by your side
Till 3005, hold up

"Aight, yall got the rest of the song, it's just like this. So, when we come back we'll do it in the performance clothes."

--
6:00p.m

I bit my lip as I watched Mani get dressed. She had on a body suit and fishnet stockings. It looks better than it sounds. She fixes her hair in the mirror and I sneak up behind her.

I wrap my arms around her waist. "You look stunning. " I kiss her cheek. "You don't look too bad yourself."We had to match for each performance, baby."

"Uh, uh back up off me." She pushes me off her. "What's wrong with you?" "Nothing I just ain't got time to be wet right now." I roll my eyes and tried to pull her back. "D, imma slap you. " I let go fast as hell.

She kisses my cheek and walks off.

That girl is so bipolar.