[Chapter 1]

I'm Not O-Fucking-Kay

GERARD.

I pushed my bag strap higher onto my shoulder, looking down at the floor awkwardly as everyone seemed to be staring at me or in my direction with smirks on their faces or disgusted looks or horrified expressions. Did they find out that Tom had broken up with me the other week? That he had embarrassed me like Hell in front of a good twenty or so people just to have the last laugh out of our relationship?

Why were they staring at me so much? What else had Tom done for them to look at me so much? Tom had broken up with another girl before me and I know for certain that she didn't get half the attention I seemed to be attracting right now.

Did he say something else happened that night? Did Tom really want to get even more embarrassment out of me and to make my life a living Hell at school too? As if I wasn't already a big enough embarrassment to my friends, family, him. My ex-boyfriend just had to make it worse than it already was for me. All because he was a total prick, that only thought about sexy times with whoever he could get his hands on.

Isn't it all the hot boys that only think about those sorts of things? Now I understand why I don't care about sex much, because I'm not a hot guy that can get anyone I wanted.

The eyes of kids I never knew were burning into my skin as I walked past them to get to my locker, my eyes never straying from the black floor that was dotted with bits of white and smears of mud that had dried since then from people's dirty shoes. It seemed so much more interesting to look at a used floor than to look at all the glares I was getting from kids I didn't even know.

I was getting closer to my locker and a glance upwards notified me that there was an impressively large group of the populars standing about two meters away from my locker, and some of them had already started looking in my direction and one started laughing at something.

To say I was scared as I fumbled around in my blazer pockets for my locker keys was an understatement. I was shitting bricks as I swung the door open and pulled out the books I needed and put in my maths textbook for me to pick it up before lunch finished. The group continued to stare at me, all of them making jokes that they laughed at, but I didn't hear any words that gave away what it was they were laughing at.

I had finally finished putting things in my locker and back into my bag without having a panic attack. I was about to burst into tears at the thought that the group of loud, annoying populars were going to stop me in my tracks and start to tease the hell out of me.

Closing the door with a slight slam, I locked it up and double checked that it was securely locked, I then slid the keys into a separate zipped area of my bag and hoisted it back up onto my shoulder. I gripped onto the strap as if it gave me some support and courage to walk past these people.

Looking back down at the floor, I proceeded to walk past them, then realised that there were too many people in the way for me to get past and the only way for me to get to the other side was to walk through the slight gap they had between their group.

The world was really trying to test me today, I swear.

First it was everybody standing around staring and whenever I walked past them they would slide back so they weren't near me. The laughing, the dirty looks, the staring. It was all getting to me and I have only been on school property for about ten minutes all together.

I'm pretty sure I am going to kill at least one person by the end of the day, and I think it's definitely going to be the first person that gets enough courage to approach me to start bullying me about whatever it was Tom had told everyone.

"Brainer." One of the guys mumbled as I walked through the group of people I dreaded, my ears perking up at what he said, thinking that he may have said this to me but I thought it would be better for me if I just continued walking through, head to class and aim to be on time.