Katie, again

"Now, remember when you're using a knife don't make such wide slashes. Keep them short." Travis lectures.

He surprises me, how he can be a total goofball but then become so serious about something.

We move off the the practice dummies. I've been pissed at Michelle recently, and slashing a corpse with her face really helps get the anger out.

"Kit Kat, you're doing it wrong again." Travis comments, and it takes all my self control not to stab him  and the chest and yell 'that was correct! Mwuahaha!'

Probably why no one should trust me with a weapon.

He grabs my wrist, making it tingle and readjusts it. "Now try."

As much as I hate to admit it, my slashes become more effective.

He grins, seeing my begrudging acceptance.

"Class, this is the moment you've all been waiting for, we get to practice with each other! Practice daggers only, go choose a partner."

Travis bows and asks me, "Will you be my partner, oh fair Kit Kat?"

I snort. "Sure, whatever. I'm gonna cream you."

"I think we're forgetting who's the instructor here. By I'll go easy on you, since you're a girl."

I'm furious. He just made a dumb move.

Unfortunately, I let my anger overwhelm me and he beat me in seconds. I guess Travis is smarter than I think.

He smirks at his victory. "Rematch?"

I blink my eyes and put on my most innocent look. "Against the strong Travis? I don't think I'd stand a chance."

He puffs out his chest. "I am pretty strong-"

I lunge at him, catching Travis off guard.

I hit him in the ribs with the hilt, and spring back, circling.

This time, instead of being overwhelmed by my rage, I stay cool and collected, watching his every move.

I notice a slight movement in his right shoulder and dodge just in time. I grab his arm, and twist it behind his back. Holding my knife to his throat, I ask, "Surrender?"

"Never." He whispers, but I tighten my hold and he starts choking slightly. "I surrender! Surrendering right now! I'm sorry! Girls are clearly supreme creatures! I am honored to be in you presence!" I release him, smiling.

I did not expect him to run into me.

I hit the ground hard, and he takes advantage of my loss of breath to grasp my arms and pin them above my head. He uses his other hand to hold his knife against my throat, gently.

"Who's the winner now?"

"Me." I jerk my knee up into his crotch, and he releases me, cursing.

I smirk and stand up, turning my back on him.

Rookie mistake.

He grabs my leg and I fall, again, while he holds my arms, this time making sure to pins my legs underneath him.

"Let me go!" I hiss, squirming.

"Say you love me."

I freeze, and I'm about to answer him when someone yells "Cut the PDA!!" And everyone burst into laughter around us.

Travis stands up, and I take that as my cue to leave. He doesn't notice, busy lecturing his students.

I make a dash to my hideout, collapsing on my bed.

I almost told him I loved him.

And it wouldn't have been a lie.

So next is the fall dance, yay!!!!

Some action should be coming up soon.