20. Are You Guys Talking About Me?

Recap:

  I steel myself and plaster a smile back on my face. I add a little spring in my step and walk over to the table.  

"Hey guys!" I say cheerfully as I set my tray down.

Everyone is a bit wary but Zach happily replies, "Hey Amber!"

I sit down and notice how everyone is just glancing back and forth between Jonah and me, even Daniel and he didn't know what happened.

"So Christina, when are we going to get Lavender out of here?" I whisper.

"Are you guys talking about me?" A snooty voice asks behind me.

"What? No, wouldn't waste my breath on that," I scoff.

"Really?" she asks, walking over next to Jonah.

"Yup," I say, squinting as she reaches out a hand to put on his shoulder.

"Hey Jonah," she says quirkily.

"What do you want?" he grumbles, not taking his eyes off of me.

"Am I not allowed to talk with my boyfriend when he's with his friends?" she asks, shocking me a little.

Jonah lets out a throaty chuckle before saying, "Boyfriend? Since when?"

"Since the party," she smirks, shooting a triumphant glance towards me as she sets her tray down next to him.

"Sorry, but a kiss doesn't mean you're my girlfriends," he says, adding a wince at the end while the rest of us snicker.

"What do you mean honey?" she asks, the confusion clear on her face.

"Idiot," Corbyn mumbles under his breath before she shoots him a threatening glare.

"I mean, I've got my eye on someone else so get out of here," he says and adds a word. "Honey."

We all laugh as she storms away, pursing her lips together and speed walking away. 

"Good one bro," Jack says, putting his fist up.

"Thanks," he replies with a smirk.

"I gotta admit," I sigh. "You did handle that well. I mean the comedy and coldness, it was a perfect mix."

He chuckles before saying, "Thanks again."

"No problem lover boy," I say with a smirk.

"Lover boy?" he questions.

" 'I've got my eye on someone else,'" I imitate him, while adding a dramatic flair.

They all chuckle but Jonah throws his apple at me and says, "Shut up."

"Never," I tease and laugh.

He finally gives in and joins our laughter.

This is how it should be. No awkwardness, just laughter. I smile as I think.

Drama in the next chapter. thanks for reading. <3