26. Is Jamber Official?

"So what are we doing?" I ask, my head still resting on his shoulder.

"I don't know," he replies, putting his head on mine. "What do you want to do?"

"Nothing really," I shrug.

"Come on, there's gotta be something you want to do!" He says.

"Well I would like to—" I say but am cut off by someone cooing loudly.

"AWWWWWWWWWWWW!" Someone coos from the doorway. We turn our heads to see Esther standing there with a happy smile on her face. Jonah and I share a look and blush furiously but don't move, his arm still wrapped around me.

"What?" Jonah asks defensively.

"Nothing, you guys are just so cute!" She squeals. "Is Jamber official?"

"No, it's not," I say wistfully but a reassuring squeeze from Jonah reminds me to keep my spirits up. I smile and look at Esther.

"Really? Then a lot of people will be disappointed," she says and walks out.

"Who would be disappointed?" Jonah wonders.

"Probably Christina, she said something about it before I think," I say.

"Hmm," he hums thoughtfully.

"Well, I should go get changed," I mutter and get up.

"Why?" He asks.

"Okay, I know I look fabulous all the time," I say, earning a chuckle from him. "But I need to change."

"Your outfit seems fine," he says.

"Are you seeing the same thing I am?" I question, looking down at my sweats.

"Yeah, I just may see it in a different light cause you girls are always so harsh on yourself," he says.

"Oh and what light is that?" I tease, starting to walk to the balcony.

"A beautiful one," he whispers, sending goose bumps rippling through out my skin, nervous energy to start flitting around in my stomach, and a chill to resonate through my body. We stay like that for a moment, his lips near my ear and my heartbeat living in my throat. Doesn't he hear it? I see my mom appear in my doorway and she quietly coos before walking out and I know it's time to start moving.

But it's so nice here!

Just move! You've already messed up enough!

Exactly! So she can get a happily ever after!

Happily ever after is only in fairytales.

Maybe our whole existence is just a fairytale, ever think of that smartass brain?

No, because I rely on logic while you rely on nothing you stupid heart.

"Shut up!" I mutter quietly.

"Thinking about me again?" Jonah asks with a smirk in his face.

"What? Pssshhtt, you wish lover boy," I tease.

"Well get on over to your room now," he replies, walking away.

I feel a sudden chill spread over the part of my back that his torso was pressed up against but I shake it off and climb over to my room.