72. I Think I'm...

The ending is coming soon. (Don't worry, there's a sequel)

Gratitude courses through my veins. I'm so thankful that I have such caring and thoughtful people in my life. Coming to this town has definitely changed my life for the better. Of course there has been some bad things, but the good outweighs the bad. I've been blessed with great friends, a loving boyfriend, and the best mom and little brother. Maybe life does pay out in the end.

"What do you think?" He asks as if he's preparing for me to say I hate it.

"I think I'm in love with you," I say with a chuckle as he breathes a sigh of relief. "No one has ever done anything like this for me. I'm serious," I add, holding his hands.

"I love you, too," he says, happiness lighting up his eyes. "This is the first time we've said that right?"

"I think so," I say, giving him a big hug. "I think it's the first time I've said it and truly meant it to anyone not in my family."

"If all goes well, I may become your family," he says with a laugh.

"Don't get ahead of yourself, Marais," I say, beaming.

We stay like that for a while. At that moment, I could think of nothing but him. Thinking about Lavender was a thing of the past. Mourning over my father leaving is a mere distraction and right now, I'm totally focused.