54. Jonah Should Be Down Within a Couple Years

I let out a deep sigh as I fall back on my bed, thinking about my day. Although today wasn't the best, it wasn't the worst either. Today morning I felt guilty for some reason, maybe it was because I was lying about remembering, but nothing's happened. Well, except for the encounter with Lavender.

"Hey!" Jonah calls from across the balcony. "Wanna go out for dinner?"

I look at him questioningly.

"With the rest of the group," he adds after a moment.

"Sure," I answer. "Let me just get ready?"

"Sure," he answers and walks away from the balcony as I pull the blinds.

I wear casual jeans and a crop hoodie with a white shirt underneath. I grab my phone and leave my hair down.

"Bye mom!" I shout. "Going out to dinner!"

"Be home—," she starts off.

"By Eleven!" I finish as I walk out the door.

I make my way over to their porch and knock on the door.

"Hey, Amber!" Esther greets joyfully. "Jonah should be down within a couple years. He has to check his hair a couple more times."

"Haha," Jonah says sarcastically as he appears behind Esther.

"Well I mean, you do," I say as he runs his hand through his hair once more. "What is with boys and taking care of their hair?"

"If you figure it out, tell me," Esther says with a chuckle before walking away.

We make our way to the car and drive to the restaurant.