Sane

~Geno Sans

Ink asked, "Uh, why are you here." He replied with, "Meh, I wanted Dust to be domesticated enough to the point where he wouldn't try to kill anyone without given orders. I've done a good job training him, if I do say so myself. Plus, I'm just here to have a conversation. Nothing more, nothing less. Want to talk about some things that have to do with Ink and Ink alone. The rest of you can leave." He went to the room Fresh was in and I followed from a short distance, making sure he didn't try anything. 

From what I saw,  Nightmare attached the chain leading from dust onto one of the bars on Freshes cage, still outside of the cage, so Fresh was sort of protected, but still. Nightmare said, "Stay." and the Dust Sans snarled but curled up onto the floor like a cat and still growling under his breath closed his eyes. Nightmare came back out and motioned Ink to follow him. Ink reluctantly obeyed and they disappeared.

Error, the Host Sans, Dream, and I just stood there watching the Dust Sans pace around the room to where his chain could reach, growling and snarling as he went, biting and scratching at his arms, obviously bored. The Fresh Sans had just backed up little ways from the front of the cage and watched as the Dust Sans started slitting his own arm in half, growling at himself, the crazed look in his eyes. I guess when the Dust Sans has nothing to kill for a while he starts hurting himself.  

When the Dust Sans had gotten done doing that he just drew with his blood making incoherent scribbles on the floor, which looked like some sort of language that only the Dust Sans could understand. Once he was done he smiled eerily and still bleeding curled up next to the writing and fell asleep. I decided that while he was still sleeping I snuck up on him and injected the Glycathorea into his arm to stop the bleeding and sprinted back out of the room real quick. Error was watching the Dust Sans very intently, while Dream was watching in horror and the Host Sans in confusion. 

Eventually, the Dust Sans woke up, Nightmare and Ink still gone, not with a crazed look on his face though. He actually, besides his eye color, seemed normal for once.  He looked at thechains on him, shuffled around for something in his pocket but when he didn't find whatever it was he looked up at me and Error, then at Fresh through the bars, then the blood on the ground. From the look on his face I could tell it was regret, maybe a tinge of self-hate. Since Fresh was the closest thing to him he reached through the bars towards him and Fresh backed up a bit. There was no hint of craziness in his eyes whatsoever, it was like he was a regular sans but looked different. 

Fresh Backed up, even more, his glasses saying get away, so the Dust Sans just smiled and nodded as if he understood and retracted his hand from the bars and just sat there with a blank expression on his face. 

When Nightmare got back Ink was holding something in his hand, a phone maybe? And nightmare smiled and un chained the Dust Sans who was still mute and teleported away. Error went up to  Ink and so did I and we looked at what he was looking at. Ink was scrolling through some photos, the screen of the phone cracked a bit, but it was of a Sans. In one he was blasting a human and giving a big ol' thumbs up, but in another he was in a pacifist route photo with everyone, him looking happy as ever. Then I saw who it was.

When Ink scrolled to the next and last photo it there was the Dust Sans taking a selfie, leaving room for some non-existent thing and giving a crazed smile, dust everywhere. Ink gave it to me and said that he didn't want it, and that maybe I could have it, and I said yeah, and I would put it in with the notes about Dust. I shoved it into my pocket for now, said good night to Dream, the host Sans, and Fresh, and went off to bed. I flopped onto it and fell asleep immediately. Maybe there was a way to help this Dust Sans.