Ch2. Four

Shu lifted his heavy eyelids, finding himself in a white room and covered in white bedsheets... Wait, white? Bedsheets?

Shu sat up and found himself in a small bed. Rubbing his tired red eyes, he tried to figure out where he was. Still half-conscious, he looked around and realised that he was in a unfamiliar yet familiar place he hadn't been to for years- the school's infirmary. Shu looked out the infirmary's only window, then at a cheap-looking yellow clock that was hanging on a wall. After a short while, the searing pain came back to Shu's head.

'Well,' Shu thought, biting his inner cheek. 'At least this isn't as painful as before.'

When he was about to swing his numb legs off the bed and stand up and leave the infirmary, an awfully loud voice stopped him.

"SHUUUUUUUUUUU!" Valt yelled, waking Shu completely.

Valt ran towards Shu, and Shu swore he saw tears in his best friend's big brown eyes.

"What happaned?! Are you okay?! What happened?!" Valt cried as tears leaked out from his eyes. Shu just smiled and patted Valt's head. He must done something good in his previous life to have such a good and caring best friend.

"I-I'm so worried about you!" Valt sobbed loudly and wiped his tears and snot away with the back of his hands.

Shu ruffled Valt's hair and shook his head. "I'm fine, Valt, you don't have to worry about me," he said, but his pale white face and pained smile betrayed him.

Valt shook his head so hard it might fall off. "No, you're not 'fine', Shu! I have known you for so long, and I know it when you're faking it... Like, like the last time when you hurt you arm!" Valt sniffed loudly.

Shu sighed. Valt was right. After being friends for so long, Shu couldn't possibly hide anything from Valt, especially after the day he hurt his shoulder. Should he tell Valt about his weird dreams? His long-time best friend? Or maybe not? should he? Would Valt take him seriously?

Maybe not. He should trust Valt, he decided.

Shu started to open his mouth and tell Valt all about his nightmares and dreams, but was stopped again by some familiar voices.

"Shu!" Three voices yelled at the same time. Daina, Wakiya and Rantaro came rushing through the infirmary door.

"Are you okay?" Rantaro yelled. Shu cringed slightly and nodded.

Diana hesitantly nodded in return. "Shu," he started. "If there is anything wrong, please tell us. We're your friends and teammates, and if you're not feeling well, we would be worried too. If there is anything we can do, just say it."

Wakiya added, "Yeah, just tell us. We'll do anything to help a friend."

It was rare, Wakiya being so caring. Shu mentally laughed.

Shu massaged the sides of his head again, hesitated, but still told them about his dreams and nightmares:

"I know this sounds crazy, but..." Shu said. "I'm keep having these nightmares about four princes. They were being burnt to death by some people, and one of the four princes... Is me."

Shu looked up and saw the looks of confusion on his friends' faces and continued, "I know, right? I'm too old for this but... I know the prince is me. It's weird, I know, but I somehow felt it, for some reason."

He stopped for a second then remembered about the dream he just had a moment ago.

"I saw Spriggan in a dream as well. Not my Bey, but Spriggan. Just Spriggan." Shu looked up again to see more confused looks, and continued, "He was like... A red coloured creature, perhaps? He had golden horns and even a weapon. And... About the princes, it was like the story by Celeste Fate I've read in Miss Haru's class. The princes, including me- Oh god this sounds so wrong- The princes, including me, were burnt to death, like the four princes in the story. Let's just hope that this is a weird coincidence," Shu said.

Valt, Rantaro, Daigo and Wakiya nodded slowly, still worried. But after Shu told them he was okay multiple times, they finally decided to relax.

"So... Are your sure that you're okay?" Rantaro asked once more.

Shu nodded again. "Yes. Definitely."

"Okay then!" Rantaro exclaimed excitedly. "So why not go to the rooftop and get some fresh air and Beyblade?" Everyone, especially Valt, agreed immediately.

~~~

When the group climbed up the stairs towards the rooftop, Shu, unlike the others who were talking, was silent. He kept thinking about his very-weird-but-familiar-but-also-not-so-familiar dream. The nightmares he had been keep having was about the princes getting burnt by fire, but the dream he just had was just... Weird. It was like the 'dream' was in his memory. The 'Spriggan' that had golden horns and a red body was also familiar. But how? The Spriggan Shu had known was Storm Spriggan, his red-coloured balance type Beyblade, and the last time he checked, Storm Spriggan wasn't a monster-like creature with horns.

As for the prince in his dreams... Shu actually wanted to bang his head on a wall for dreaming about being 'Prince Charming'. He's thirteen for whoever's sake, and even a three years old boy wouldn't think about dressing in robes and gold! But that was just a wild dream, Shu reminded himself. Nothing more.

After a while, the five reached the door to the rooftop. Rantaro and Valt quickly banged the door open and ran towards the stadium.

"I want to battle RIGHT NOW!" Valt decided jumping up and down.

Rantaro glared at Valt and said, "No you won't! 'Cause I'll be the one battling next, right Daina?"

Daina nodded and looked at Valt. "Valt, you can battle later. I promised to battle Rantaro first, so stay in line, Valt," he said in a teasing tone.

Valt huffed but decided to wait at last. Rantaro smirked as he pointed his fan at Daina. "I'm gonna win this battle!" He declared.

Daina kept quiet, almost seemed to be laughing inside. 'Huh? You think you can defeat me this easily? Just you wait. Deathscyther is going to burst your Ragnaruk in no time!' He thought. Both bladers brought out their Beys and lanchers, then crouched down into their lanching positions.

"3,2,1... Go, SHOOT!" Rantaro and Daina shouted together. Two Beys, Deathscyther and Ragnaruk, circled around the stadium, until Ragnaruk took the centre.

Shu sat at the side while watching the battle between the two. He decided not to battle as his head was still hurting a bit, though he was already feeling better. Shu saw Deathscyther crashing with Ragnaruk a serval times until Ragnaruk burst with a loud sound.

"What!" Rantaro cried as he picked up the pieces of his orange Bey. Daina remained emotionless as he stuffed his hands into his pockets.

Everything was the same as usual, except for Shu's headache. It was starting to get better, so that's good, but he still heard an annoying buzz. Was it his head?

Wait, or was it the sound of a... Helicopter?