Ch9. The King of Gods

"Zeus..." Zac gasped out, ignoring the shocked stares the other Spin Emperors were giving him.

The spirit before he laughed merrily. "So you remember me, Prince Zen," he said. "Ah... A thousand years. A thousand years too long. This is my first time being acknowledged by someone."

Zac gaped at him. "But... But how?" He asked. "Aren't you my... my Bey? How do you look like this? Who are you exactly?" He had never been so shocked in his life. His Beyblade, his Beyblade, was talking to him, in a human form. Zac caught a glimpse of another glowing object at the back of his eye. He looked at the object, and saw the 'other' Zeus, Zillion Zeus was still glowing and spinning fast.

"Young ones are always so impatient," Zeus smiled. "I am Zeus. The God of the skies and thunder. The king of gods and lord of the heavens. That spirit that possessed your small spinning top," he looked at Zillion Zeus and laughed. "It's funny, really. How the god everyone had once bowed down to was kept inside a simple metal toy. That's how powerful and unrivalled Fate is."

Zac stilled looked shocked. "But... just how?" He asked again. "Why do you come out of my Bey?" Zac winced at jow wrong it sounded, but continued. "And what just happened, Zeus? I suddenly have those... powers. Lighting... Oh hell. Lighting burst out of my freaking fingers without hurting myself. What is happening, Zeus?"

The spirit chuckled. "A million years ago, I ruled heavens. I had power. Ten thousand years ago, I died like every creature should. Being immortal doesn't mean you don't die. It only means you don't grow old, don't fall sick, don't get hurt. It's fair, actually. I'm too old to live forever. When I died, most creatures of the sky, monsters, gods, dragons, fall as well. Olympus collapsed and every one of us, including me of course, became spirits. Then, finally, we decided to protect pure and worthy mortal humans. That happened a thousand years ago. That's when I met you."

"Wha?" Zac asked again. His shock converted into confusion. "But I wasn't born a thousand years ago! I was born in the 21th century! How could you had met me ten centuries ago?"

Zeus shook his head with a laugh. "You don't know anything of your past, don't you, Zen?" He said. "You were, in fact, alive at that time. Ah, how time flies. The 11th century had passed in just a blink of an eye. Prince Zen, or rather, Zac, do you know anything about the legend of the four princes?" As expected, Zac shook his head. "Of course you don't," Zeus muttered. "I don't really remember why, but out of all creatures, all gods and monsters, I chose to go with Spriggan, Longinus and Xcalibur. Maybe because they were great friends and companions." He smiled sadly. "We haven't seen each other again in person in a thousand years, much less talk. We only met each other again in those Bey battles of yours. It's ironic, how Spriggan and Longinus fought with so much passion, yet with so much hatred and rivalry. Those two were best mates, even among the four of us best friends."

Lui almost fell.

Zeus continued. "You four were one of the few humans that could see us. And one of the only humans that were not afraid of us. Instead of hate, you showed us friendship. The four of us were greatful and honoured to be friends and companions of such humans. Not everyone could have such kind hearts. Other than us, some the other spirits who were not rejected were Wyvern, Deathscyther, Unicorn, Gaia, Odin, Valkyrie and a few more. Ah, how I miss them," he said and sighed. "We were happy with you four, my friends, until the day you... died," Zeus winced at the horrible memory. "Villagers burned you alive. And after your deaths, we were trapped in a loney and hateful world with no one left to care for. Without a choice, the four of us went back to the hollow and empty universe with nothing left. We only had each other that time. Until Fate came. She was not the old and poor woman she looks like, instead, she was the wisest and the most powerful goddess I have ever seen. Fate offered us and the other spirits a purpose in life. She offered for something to love and care for us. We accepted her kind and generous offer without a second thought."