S2Ch3. Cut through the River

The first time Valt was completely lost for words was because of the surprise party his family threw to celebrate his seventh birthday.

The second and third was because of stage fright.

The fourth time, the Valkyrie blader decided, was because of what's happening right now.

He could only rub his eyes to check if there were tricking him.

Unfortunately, they're not.

Daina, who was also as shocked, paled. "No" and "how" were the only words his dried throat could make out.

Souta stared straight into Daina's eyes. "Cat got you're tongue?" He mocked. His sneer deepened as his past-brother tried to recover from the shock.

Daina squeezed his eyes shut, took a deep breath and said, "What is this? Why does it have to be the three of you? How did this happen?"

Valt was next to speak up. "Nika! Toko! What happened?!" He shouted.

Toko glared, "Firstly, don't call me by that ugly name. I am Triton."

Valt's eyebrows twitched. "But you are To-" Triton cut him off.

"I am Triton."

Daina stepped up. "That still doesn't answer Valt's question," he said and looked at his future-brother. "Well, Scythe? What in the world happened in the future?"

Lacking emotion, Scythe simply said, "You happened. All of you."

Shu raised an eyebrow. "All of us?" He repeated.

"Yes, genius," Nymph said coldly. She acted nothing like the Aoi Nika everyone knew. She continued, "And there are some others too. Your future selves are the reason we betrayed Asgard."

"Asgard?" Zac echoed.

"Yes. Asgard," Scythe answered. "But Lord Heracles saved us. Lord Heracles was just like us, rejected by Asgard. No one wants him there because they thought he was weak. He was nearly dying when we met. But he is powerful. He saved himself and saved us. He is our hero."

"Sounds like those stupid revenge-loving, cliché movie bad guys to me," Lui said. "Hero my foot. That Heracles guy should join a drama club and win some prizes for being a rubbish villain."

Nymph was seething. "How- how dare you say something like that about our lord!"

Lui shrugged and ignored her outburst. "And pray tell, what kind of bad things will we do in the future?" He asked.

"Why don't you come to the future to see for yourselves?" Triton's left eye flashed.

With a glare, Lui said, "No thanks. We would rather not give a rat's ass about your stupid 'revenge' and your stupid master."

Nymph's face was now burning red in anger. "I'll kill you!" She hissed. Her fingertips lit up in pink, attacks ready to fire.

She was stopped by a deep chuckling from behind.

"Well well well," Lord Heracles said. "What do we have here? And Nymph, what did I say about keep them alive?"

Nymph bowed. "I-I'm sorry, my lord!" She squeaked.

Lord Heracles waved her apology off and turned to the bladers. "Good afternoon, kids," he laughed. His face was again covered by his hood.

"We're not kids," Wakiya shot back.

Again with the laughter. His voice sent shivers down their spines. "Yes, you are," Lord Heracles said. "Especially you, Wakiya. You are just a immature child."