Ch17. Gatekeepers of the Tree

"Spriggan in a realm called Muspellheim, a burning realm for demons," Jin said. "And that's... really far away, considering the fact that Earth is Midguard. But at least, it's still the closest realm compared to the other eight."

Lui raised an (angry) eyebrow. "And pray tell, what in the world is a realm?"

Jin gave him a look. "Wait. After you encountered Bey Spirits and all this shit, you still think that there is only one single world?" Everyone else stared at him blankly. 

Naoki groaned. "Oh my go—" he started. "You guys are so clueless. All the evidence are right. In. Front. Of. Your. Eyes. Bey Souls are not, I repeat, are not from this world. They are from another realm, or another world if you say so. All Bey spirits came from Asgard, the realm for Aesir, known as the beings people call gods and holy spirits. That's why science can't detect ghosts or something like that."

Zac raised his hand. "Okay, Spriggan is in another world, so Shu must be there too, but the important thing here is... How can we get to this realm?"

Jin and Naoki looked at each other. "Well," Jin scratched the back of his neck. "I'm not sure. It's not like I can see the future or anything...? Wait," he paused and looked at Rantaro, who cringed and winced at Jin's gaze. "Ragnarok have the power of prediction... Rantaro? Why are you shaking so much?"

"A-Ah, nothing," Rantaro said. You're just look plain creepy, he mentally added. "I guess I'll help you out." He slowly closed his eyes. Inside his pocket, Ragnarok started to glow.

Eyes still shut, Rantaro muttered, "Branches connected, roots connected, a bridge directed— to the Great Tree... Unlock the locks, clear the fogs, a broken oath the kings had sworn... Gatekeepers unlocked and doors had opened... By God and Gate of the tree; Yggdrasil and Unicorn..." His eyes snapped open. Rantaro tooked a few deep breathes. "Whoa, I'm so good at poetry."

Wakiya made a sound at Rantaro's self-praise, but no one really paid attention to that. Instead, their eyes were on Yugo and Ukyo.

"What?" Yugo exclaimed. "Why are you looking at us?"

Xhaka laughed. "Didn't you hear? The God and Gate of the tree, or something, are Yggdrasil and Unicorn! This will be the debut of Ukyo and your Beys' Souls!"

Ukyo took Unicorn out from his pocket and stared at his Bey. "But how? I mean, just... how?" He asked. "I don't know how to even summon Unicorn's spirit like Xhaka, Zac and Lui do..."

"Well, neither do us," Daina said from behind. Ukyo and Yugo stared. Daina continued, "But it just happens. We don't have to force them out or something. They'll come out when they, and when we, are ready. It's like... the Souls are calling out for us."

Yugo nodded. "O...kay?" 

Xhaka placed his hands on Yugo and Ukyo's shoulders. "You'll find out what it's like eventually. The feeling is, I don't know, warm maybe. It's like reuniting with a good friend you haven't seen in a thousand years," Xhaka said, and added, "Which is true."

Ukyo frowned. "So while we know that the key to that realm is Yggdrasil and Unicorn, err..." he paused. "How are we going to— I mean, like, just how?"

"I... get your point," Lui said. "Try summoning your Beys' Spirits. Yggdrasil and Unicorn, like our Beys, must also have some kind of powers. However... I think awakening a Bey Spirit requires something like shock, anger, hope, or any kind of strong feeling. Zeus, Xcalibur and Longinus were awakened due to Zac, Xhaka and my feelings of anger."

"Well, yes," Jin said. "Jormungand and Neptune were actually summoned by a simple but strong feeling; a bond. You can think of your friendships and connections with or Beys. That might work. Focus on what they had done with you, how much you have gone through with your Beys..."