S2Ch4. Asgard

When they landed, they were on a bridge.

A long, wide bridge made of shimmering glass of different colours that seemed to have no end. Or maybe there was an end; maybe the end was the gigantic golden palace situated a distance away.

Beside them was- some of them stared in awe- a breathtakingly beautiful scenery. There were hills in green, valleys with rivers, gardens of flowers. The sky... sweet lord, the sky. The sun was bright orange and golden, but the background was reddish blue and shimmering with stars. It wouldn't seem logical, it wouldn't seem scientific, but hell, it worked out and it worked out fantastically.

"Where the hell are we?" Lui asked.

"The future," Rantaro replied, eyes still wide open in wonder.

"Of course I know that," Lui snapped. "Where are we? What is this place?"

"Calm down lil' dude," Shu muttered. Lui glared.

Jin ignored them. "This is not obviously Japan, but I think... I think I've read about this before..." he pondered and stared at the bridge bellow his feet. "Rainbow bridge... wait, this is the Bifröst-" His face lit up in realisation.

"Bifrost?" Daina questioned. "Isn't that from the Marvel movies..."

"This is even prettier than movies," Valt beamed.

"You're not incorrect," Jin said to Daina. "But movies are inspired by mythology, and the Bifrost is a part of mythology. So this means..."

"Out with it, will you?" Lui said.

Jin glared for a second. "This is Asgard. We are in Asgard, the realm of spirits and gods."

"Another realm- That's what the prophecy said," Zac pointed out.

"Yes, this is all according to the prophecy," Naoki observed. "But where should we head to-"

He was cut off by a loud voice behind them. "Welcome to Asgard from the past," the voice rumbled.

"Who's there?" The bladers turned around. The man who had spoken kneeled in front of them.

"What the-" Lui started. The man had very white skin, brownish golden hair, a beard with the same colour, and a helmet. He was dressed in recognisable Viking clothes, and in his hand was a horn. His eyes were on the ground. Ah, of course. No eye contact.

"Greetings, I am Heimdall," he said, still kneeling down. His voice was heavy with... respect?

"Heimdall?!" Valt gasped. "But... you're black in the movies!"

Heimdall chuckled. "Well, now you've seen the real thing," he grinned. His teeth was golden.

Xhaka reached out his hand. "Hey, you don't have to keep bowing like this. Stand up! Why would you even kneel?" He laughed. The man took his hand and stood.

"You, you are a good man, I tell you, and you haven't changed a bit. Why wouldn't I kneel?" His tone suddenly mischievous.

The bladers raised an eyebrow in confusion. Heimdall chuckled again. "Come on, let's get moving, you have someone to meet."

"Someone to meet?" Shu asked.

"You'll know. Follow me."

They had reached a pair of bronze gates after five minutes on the glass bridge. Jin suddenly stopped.

"Heimdall?"

"Yes?"

Jin bit his lower lip. "In the books, you are the guardian and keeper of the Bifrost. You aren't supposed to go all the way up to here. With all respect, why?" He asked.