Chapter 20

* Bruno's POV *

"Okay let's see here.... Pull Ups Training pants, Genie needs those. Umm, size 4T. Pajamas, let's see... One Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and the other... ah here's one! Monkeys!"

Oh don't mind me! I'm buying stuff for me and Genie. Now that my song writing 'job' is going off to a great start, I got money to pay the rent of my apartment, AND buy more stuff for my beautiful daughter Genie.

Here I am at the accessories aisle. Sequined fedoras, pouches and shoes. "What do I get for Genie?"

"If I know any better, I'd say Genie would like the fedora."

I turn around. There's the silver blonde hair and hazel eyes I've been looking for all those years ago. "Helena" She smiled. "Hi Peter. Or should I say, Bruno Mars."

I smirked. "You still remember me?" Helena's smile grew bigger. "And you remember me... Bruno I'm sorry I left just like that. I'm not the talking type of person"

"It's okay Helena."

"Genie's grown. She's becoming a bright little girl."

That took me aback. I haven't taken Genie to a store for awhile. Let alone have I seen Helena with us at all... "Are you spying on us?!"

Helena looked offended. "I wouldn't say that to someone like me Bruno Mars. I'm just watching over both of you. Especially Genevieve."

Her eyes got lighter, which got me a bit nervous. I gave her a look. "Is that a threat Helena?" She didn't show emotion. "No Bruno. I'm just doing my job. I can't tell you what I'm doing. I already told you too much. I have to go."

I grab her hand. "Helena...." she looks at me. "Bruno. I'm sorry." she kissed me.

I felt like I was floating on cloud 9. No, more than that. I was floating on cloud 20! Her kiss felt like I kissed an angel. It was that magical. But all things come and go. I fell from my cloud and back to reality.

I wake up in my room, in my house. Phil was there. So was Genie. She looked worried. "Daddy, you okay?"

"Yeah Genie. I'm fine. What happened?" Phil laughed. "Well they found you knocked out at the store. And they called me to pick you up."

I groan and close my eyes. Did Helena knock me out? Probably with her angelic kiss. "I wanna sleep some more." Genie spoke out first. "Okay Daddy. Come on Uncle Phil, let's go color!"

Phil laughs. He likes being called Uncle Phil. They leave and I go back to sleep. How did Helena do that? Knock me out with a kiss? Was it that wonderful or am I a sucker for ladies?

I don't wanna know.