Ch.10- Improvement

AN- To non-manga readers from this point on, slight spoilers for what happens in the manga. Not a whole lot, as my own story line will also start to grown from this point, but I would rather not spoil the next few arcs for people. Thanks guys and comments are faves are always appreciated (they motivate me to write!) :D

Entangle

Katsuki Bakugou x Reader

Ch.10- Improvement

"Hard to know where to turn when your life's a disaster. Trying to start all over again~"

You stared down at your practice papers, not sure what to make of them. It had been about 10 minutes since they had been handed back, and thus far you had not looked up from your desk where all 5 graded papers were handed back to you.

"I-is she okay?" Toru squeaked amongst a few of your classmates who had been watching you for the last few minutes. "She hasn't even blinked... it's kinda creepy..."

"How about we go and see?" Ochaco cheerily called and walked up to your desk, along with a couple others.

You broke out of your gaze and noticed them all coming up. In a panic, you quickly turned the papers upside down and into a single stack.

"That bad?" Ochaco mumbled and you sighed.

"Well it's can't be as bad as Kaminari..." Mina mumbled and motioned to the electric boy who was sulking over his own desk, his face buried into the wood and his tears pouring out..

"Do you need any help studying? If so I would not mind assisting you!" Iida shouted and motioned his hands around to show his concern.

"That's not the problem..." You mumbled and copied Denki, collapsing on your desk and groaning in frustration.

"What is that problem then, dumbass?" Bakugou strode over and snatched your papers away before you could react. "You're complaining so fucking much it pissed me off!"

"Wah! Bakugou-kun don-" You tried to grab the papers back, but stopped when he gave them back to you.

"You some kind of lazy fuck?! Why the hell did you leave 3 out of 5 tests blank?!" He barked at you and slammed his hand against Izuku's desk (to the smaller boy's terror).

"Ah...." You deadpanned. "I-"

"You what?!" He yelled, now gaining everyone's attention.

"I... I can't read kanji..." You mumbled and everyone blinked in confusion.

"EH?!" They all cried out and you nodded.

"But you speak fluent Japanese?" Momo tried to reason.

"Yes... I grew up hearing it, but it was never written. English was what was written... so I am only fluent in speaking Japanese, not reading or writing it." You lifted up your literature exam, a large fat red '0' on the top. "I don't even know how to spell my name in kanji..."

Sure enough, written in english on all 5 pieces of paper was your name. You took a deep breath and pointed to your classmates. "I'm sure I'll be fine though! No need to worry about me! The basic education curriculum is only half of our final term grade, and I'm scoring average in math & english!

Therefore if I put all my time and effort into the 'mystery' physical I still should pass! After all, I have plenty of combat experience, I have my mother's bad ass quirk, rational thinking most of the time, a totally cool weapon, um...