#117 everybody's afraid of something

Derry, Maine. September, 1990

"Come on, Jack. Let's play" Georgie, Jack's little brother begged. Georgie was 6 and Jack was 18. Though Jack hated to upset the boy, he had a very very bad cold and was bedridden  "You know I can't" Jack ended his sentence with a cough. He saw the disappointment in his little brother's face and sighed. Jack decided he needed to make it up for Georgie to light up his little brother's mood "Here, wait a minute" Jack fumbled around for glue, wax and paper. After a while, he handed Georgie a paper boat. A huge smile immediately took up Georgie's face "Thank you thank you thank you!" He bounced up and down. A paper boat would be perfect for playing outside in the rain "Will it float?" Georgie asked as Jack handed him the toy "Of course, it'll float" Jack patted the little boy's head, watching how Georgie's eyes lit up even more "Be careful. Don't go far" "I won't" Georgie reassured and gave Jack a peck on his cheek before ran out the room with his new toy.

Jack watched Georgie from the window. The boy had his yellow raincoat on. Georgie sailed his little paper boat across the water flowing along the sidewalk, and ran after the boat as it flowed away until both the boy and the boat were out of Jack's sight. Jack didn't think much of it. Just glad his brother was having fun. He laid down on the mattress and closed his eyes, letting the sound of rain tapping against the window lull him into sleep.

Little did Jack know he'd never see his little Georgie again.

***

"No no no. Fuck fuck fuck!!!" Jack screamed behind the steeling wheel. He could see the burning house, his home, from the rear view mirror as he was speeding away. Georgie was gone. Dead. And no one believed him it was by the hand of that clown. Everyone thought he was crazy. They thought he was so heartbroken over the dead of his brother that he made up the stupidest myth about the clown from hell, saying that it was the one responsible for all those people in Derry (including Georgie) gone missing. It made him do this. It made him burn his own house down. Jack tried to kill it but couldn't. He was too afraid. And even though he burnt the whole house down in hope fire could send it back to hell where it came from, it was still alive. Jack looked back just when the house collapsed to the ground with his parents still in it, he could see it walking through smoke and debris. He could see it flashing an evil grin at him with a red balloon floating in its hand, Jack never felt so terrified in his life. He quickly turned around and keep his glare on the road up ahead before stomped on the gas pedal, speeding away. Yet he could still hear its voice carried through the air into his ears, echoed through his head "Oh you think you can hide from me, little Jackie? I will find you and we will live happily ever after together. You will float too. Just like your little Georgie, you will float too heeheeheeehaahaha" Jack quickly turned on the radio at highest volume. Not caring what was on the radio. He just wanted to block away its sound. He failed to kill it. Failed to revenge his brother. So here he was: running away like a complete loser. Jack drove further and further away from Derry and never looked back. So full of hope it wouldn't find him in wherever he could start a new life and bury away the past. Wherever far away from this town and this clown.

Gotham City. 2017

Y/n pulled away from the passionate kiss after both she and J were out of breath. The Joker was laying in his king size bed with his baby doll straddled his waist "I have to go" "Don't" Mister J held her back before pulled her in for another kiss. Y/n giggled and he smirked between the little make out session "You know we'll stuck here all day, if you don't let me go" "I don't see how's that a problem" Mister J stated and y/n playfully hit his chest before pulling back and earned a fake pout from the clown "You wait here. I'll get you something. Coffee?" "Coffee would do, doll" He placed his hands under his head and closed his eyes, taking a little bit more rest before the day would start.