#140 it's too cold outside for angel to fly

Warnings: violence, abuse

The first day of December has finally arrived

The first day of December has finally arrived. Y/n buried herself under the layers of cozy blankets. Her hand held a mug of hot chocolate, her eyes carried out the windows, enjoying the view of snowflakes falling from the sky. Everything was so quiet, so peaceful. Mister J wasn't home, out handle his business and run the city. Even if Christmas was just around the corner, the clown refused to stay home by fireplace with his baby doll, no, he had way more important things to do, anything was so important to him, anything but the joy of Christmas and his girl. But that was okay, y/n told herself. She understood mister J's busy lifestyle. She wished he would give himself a break after working so hard all year, but still, who was she to tell him what to do? He was the Joker, she was just... one of his toys? His favorite one he liked to keep around. She knew better than to cross her boundary.

Y/n got herself so lost in the silence of the night until the bang sound of the front door slammed open and shut snapped her back to reality. She could hear the heavy footsteps of mister J coming closer "You're all useless. Fucking useless!" Joker yelled at his henchmen as he stormed further inside the house. Seemed like something went wrong with his plan. A few seconds later and the clown got in y/n's sight. Y/n silently inspected her mister J. He looked stressed. His hair all messy. Joker gave y/n a quick glance before his lips curved into a snarl, then he walked pass her, giving her absolute no attention. When mister J was in a bad mood, everything was a gasoline igniting that rage burning inside him. That was why they said never got close to the Joker when he was angry. Y/n knew this. She knew she should've just stayed where she was and kept her mouth shut, but she hated seeing mister J like this. All she wanted was just to see him smile and happy, especially when in this time of the year.

Despite her knowing too well it was a bad idea, y/n shot herself up from the loveseat and slowly approached mister J. He was taking standing in front of the big mirror, taking off his purple alligator coat when he saw her from the reflection in the mirror. Joker let out a low growl, signaling y/n she should step back. He wasn't up for any of this, not right now. He wanted to be alone.

"Baby?..." Her small voice made him have the urge to kill. Why'd she even speak? Joker always found y/n adorable, but with this current mood, her angelic voice sounded so annoying he wanted to make it shut forever "Not now, y/n" Mister J warned in a harsh voice. Y/n should've listened. But she was too eager to cheer her mister J up. That was her main job, to make him smile "You can talk to me" Y/n spoke softly. She dared to reach her hand out and place it on his tensed shoulder. Wrong move. Her action immediately resulted in him yanking her hand away roughly "I said not now" Mister J hissed at her face, emphasized each word. The shade of
ocean blue in his eyes - which y/n loved so much - turned into something else, something dark and evil. Y/n aware she was crossing the line. She knew this was where she should be stepping back, but Joker was so down lately. Y/n hated this. She just wanted him to be happy "Please, baby, I just want to help" Y/n reached for his arms as he turned his back on her, about to walk away. Joker stopped in his tracks the moment he felt her small hand on his arm. Patience was never mister J's strength, and y/n was pushing it too far. He stayed completely still with his back facing her for a few seconds. He was quiet... too quiet "Baby-" out of the blue, the impact from his slap sent y/n to the ground her side hit the marble table hard it almost knocked the breath out of her. Yes, mister J swung himself around and backhanded her with all his force "What are you deaf I told you to leave me the fuck alone. I'm not in the mood for any of your shit, y/n" The Joker went on in dark low voice as he kneeled down in front of her. There were tears accumulating in y/n's eyes. She just let out some small whimper, holding her side where she hit the table hard "Are you playing game with me? Listen here, you brat...." He grabbed fistful of her hair, yanking her head backward, forcing eyes contact "I'm starting to get sick of whatever you're doing. I'm starting to get sick of you, you useless cunt. Never did anything right. Always got in my way. Such a deadweight.... you know I don't keep useless things around" His voice for even darker at the last sentence. His deadly stare burning hole through her soul. Y/n was trembling under his touch. Her side stung from the hit, her cheek burnt from the burning sensation of his slap, her head hurt from his dreadful grip. Though all the physical pain combined together still wasn't as bad as the pain inside her heart, the pain from hearing his words. Joker's hand was shaking. He was trying everything he had got to control himself not to do something to y/n, something he might ended up regret. After a while, he let go "Get out of my sight" Joker spat harshly as he stood on his feet and walked away, leaving y/n still on the ground.