5 | YOU KNOW ME

N. Hanson's Point of View

"Where are we going, Naomi?" Bryce asked as he followed me. I looked over at him and smiled, "Don't worry about it, sweetheart."

Bryce groaned as he followed behind me, dragging his feet and walking slowly. We finally made it into town and seeing as it was early Monday morning, it was fairly empty.

Bryce looked around, "What're we doing here?"

I sighed, "Pick out some movies and come meet me at check out. Then we're gonna go to the store and buy some snacks. We're gonna walk back to my house and watch these movies and eat these unhealthy snacks." I explained in a painstakingly specific manner. Bryce grinned widely before running off in the store.

I watched as he walked down the aisles, his eyes lighting a little when he saw something he liked, then he'd quickly reach for it and pull it close to him. He walked slowly as he looked at his options, his pointer finger pressed against his lip in thought. And I felt glad it was just us, and that I was able to see these small things about him nobody else would notice.

"I cannot fucking believe we're watching Sixteen Candles right now, Bryce." I laughed as I popped popcorn into my mouth. Bryce chuckled, "What? It's a fun movie."

"Well, yeah but it's not exactly what I expected you'd be picking out."

Bryce looked at me and furrowed his brows, "What're you trying to say?"

"Just didn't think you'd pick Sixteen Candles."

He shrugged, "What can I say, I'm a man of many mysteries."