42 | NOT THAT COUPLE

B. Loski's Point of View

"Hey, you!" I heard a familiar and heartwarming voice greet me. I spun around quickly, my eyes finally catching a glimpse of Naomi. A smile grew on her face as she walked towards me. I left my group of friends to meet her in the middle. I let out a sigh as she reached me, "God, it is good to see you!" I spoke happily.

Naomi chuckled lightly, staring up at me with a smile, raising a brow suspiciously, "You missed me that much? Jesus, it's been less than 24 hours, Bryce." She sarcastically teased me. I playfully rolled my eyes, "You're hilarious, Naomi. Truly inspired." 

"What's wrong?" Naomi asked. I furrowed my brows at her, "What are you talking about?"

Naomi shook her head at me, "You always get really sarcastic when you're conflicted." Naomi explained, her eyes scanning me before her eyes met mine once more.

I chuckled, "It's a little creepy how well you know me." I joked. I let out a sigh, "Ugh- it's just my dad and his little football fix and college and everything. Jesus, I'm only 15!" I groaned, the bus arriving as I did so. Other kids began loading the bus, Naomi and I waiting in line for all of them. We filed onto the bus, Naomi walking back to an open row and me following her.

"You're riding with me and not with your cool friends?" Naomi teased. I shook my head, "From now on, I'm never leaving you ever again. Made that mistake once." I spoke in a serious tone, plopping down beside Naomi. Naomi bit down on her bottom lip, blushing lightly. She smiled, "Go on."

I nodded, "So, he's been going on these rants recently. About how I need to get ready for football, how I've got to keep working harder than everyone else if I want to make the team. Which I will. But, I have to want it more? Which is fucking weird, cause I don't particularly even like football. Anyways, he is telling me I don't even have to worry about school. Apparently, I've just gotta be a good enough football player if I want to go to college. And college is the last thing I'm really worried about right now." I rambled. I sighed, "Sorry, I just needed to ramble."

Naomi laughed, "It's cool. I like listening to you." Naomi spoke, nonchalantly. She smiled, "But if football isn't what you want to do then don't do it. It's your future. You are the master of your fate and the captain of your soul." She finished. I stared blankly back at the girl, to which she replied with a groan, "It's from a poem."

"That's why you lost me." I informed her. Naomi shook her head at me, laughing lightly. I knew right then, I'd never forget this moment. I'd never forget her looking so beautiful and laughing so sweetly. I smiled down at the girl, I love her. I haven't told her formally. Not saying those three words aloud. To her. But I do. And she knows it too.

The bus quickly arrived at school, everyone got off in an unordered fashion. Naomi and I hopped off the bus, walking towards our lockers. I walked with Naomi to her locker. She opened her locker and pulled out her chemistry book, turning to me as she closed her locker. I realized I had been staring at her, with a dorky smile on my face. "What?" Naomi questioned me.

I shrugged, "You just-" I began "...It's nothing." I shook my head. Naomi laughed, "No, go on and tell me." I knew what I was thinking. Jesus, she beautiful. But, I didn't want to say that so randomly. So instead I leaned towards her, attaching our lips quickly. She momentarily kissed back before pushing me away, giggling lightly. She shook her head, resting her hands on my chest, "I will not be that couple, Bryce Loski." She spoke sternly, but she had a smile on her face.

"Well, we are. So deal with it, Naomi." I spoke sweetly, smiling in a cocky manner. The bell rang throughout the halls. I looked back over to Naomi, "I guess that's my cue."

Naomi rolled her eyes at me, pushing my chest lightly, "Yeah, get out of here, Romeo." I shook my head, "Romeo was sloppy." I retorted.

"Whatever. Just go to class, loser." Naomi commanded me, she began to walk away from me. I waved, "I'll miss you so much!" I spoke jokingly, pouting and sticking my bottom lip out as the girl walked away from me. 

"I'm sure ya' will."