2

Steva's POV

My best friend, Alex is a sweetheart and the coolest kid around. He's definitely hot, no doubt. He's the perfect example of a brother with his kindness and care as if the one back home wasn't enough. It's very cute, I know but sometimes having two older brothers guarding you as if you're a delicate piece of antique that can break any moment is sometimes very infuriating.

My other best friend is my darling, my jackass...... Emma. She is a total chaos. She is not even close to the word 'shy'. She will gladly show anyone their place if they mess with her. Thank the goddess she doesn't have enmity with the populars or else she would be in so much trouble. She surely doesn't like the populars and never speaks to them either so we three are rather safe from their claws. If Emma and the populars had crossed paths, our lives would be a  living hell. It's only Alex who can control and calm Emma down. My best guess as to why this is happening is because they're mates, but they just can't seem to accept that they are. They just retort by saying "We're friends and this is exactly what friends do for each other." 

After they turn 18 it would be so awkward for me because I will be third wheeling all the time. It's not that I already don't, it's just to the minimum right now 'cause they can't accept my prediction that they are indeed mates. But when they do turn 18, they're gonna have to suck it up and accept defeat.

There is no rule which says that only when werewolfs turn 18 will they find mates. It's more like the average age at which werewolfs find their mates. Finding your mate before you turn 18 is considered really lucky. It depends on how mature your wolf is and how close your mate is to you..... And also how your personality is.

Today is the first day of school after that very long and relaxing vacation. I walked through the huge front doors of the school with Emma trailing behind me when suddenly everyone starts making a path in the middle of the corridor and stands in front of their lockers trying their best to merge into the walls. Then it struck me.

"Oh shit they are making a path for all the populars to pass by. Emma come with me." Emma rolled her eyes and let me drag her to the nearest wall.

She then sarcastically added in a hushed tone in my ear, "Oh right ..... how can I forget to make way for the freaking royalty" I giggled at her comment and then the entire school went silent.

This meant the royalty had arrived and they are close by. Among them is our future alpha and trust me he is a pathetic excuse for an alpha. He doesn't care about anybody else but himself. He is just the opposite of our warm and kind current alpha.