28

Steva POV

The next morning ...

I walk down the staircase to find Dustin half naked. Not that I'm complaining but I'm so not going to tell him that to make his already humongous ego bigger-if that is even possible. And damn he looks really good half naked, in the kitchen, cooking.

Him cooking?! That is definitely new. He doesn't even glance at me when I reach the last step.

"Hey babe, do you want some pancakes?" My eyebrows shot up. Whoa did he just offer me pancakes like a normal person instead of shouting? I gave him a hesitant nod. He smiled and passed the pancakes to me. Truth be told...they were delicious. 

"Thanks babe" he said

"For what?" I asked

"For commenting that I look hot in just sweatpants and that the pancakes taste good."

I coughed "Ho-how did you know?" I asked in a timid voice

"I marked you, remember? So now I can read your thoughts" he said smirking 

"Shit" I muttered under my breath. I instantly put a wall up in my head. 'How could I forget that.' I scolded myself

I ate my pancakes fast and silently and ran upstairs to my room and bolted it ... and don't ask me why I did not do that as soon as Dustin said those words 'cause the pancakes were delicious and I couldn't let that go away.

I just wiled away time in my room because I seriously did not want to face Dustin after that whole embarrassing fiasco. 

At around 6 in the evening, Dustin knocked on my door, so I let him in. He had a box in his hand. I gave him a questioning look.

"I have a little present for you. Ummmm... hope you like it" he said while scratching his neck.

That was so cute. I took the present and opened the lid to find Trixi, my adorable pet dog I got for my birthday. I squealed.

"Thank you thank you thank you so very much!" I was so happy.

"But here's the thing Steva, I know you like him a lot but you get to keep him only for a week not more and please no arguments on this subject." He gave me an apologetic smile.

I gave him a smile "It's really okay Dustin.. I'm serious, it's fine. I thought I would never see him ever again but now you got him for me and one week is really a good amount of time. I really do appreciate it" I said and gave him a small peck on his cheek which not only surprised him but me.

"Ummmm.. I uhhh I have some Alpha work so I'll be in the Pack house. There are guards outside, please stay in the house." He said I nodded without looking at him. 

He cleared his throat and walked out of my room hesitantly. What is wrong with me how can I peck him on the cheek. This is so the mate bond.

' Do't lie to yourself honey. It was so not the bond. It was you who gave him that kiss. It was  totally you... and before you ask who I am I am your conscience and don't try arguing cause I know you in and out. Heck I am you ' 

What is happening he marked me without my consent I should be mad- no furious with him and here I am falling for him without the mate bond even affecting me.

WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME!!

All week the only thing I did was eat play with Trixi have one worded really limited conversations with Dustin and sleep. That is all.

The end of the week came pretty fast. I had to give Trixi back to Dustin. I was sad but I was grateful too cause he got me Trixi when I never even told him about the dog. He actually cares. Where did that  thought come from.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before you all ask me where the hell was I for the past few weeks. I am extremely sorry. I had really important exams so I was not able to upload. I am so damn sorry.

But anyways enjoy the story and vote and comment and share

have a good day.