Chapter 6

There was a full moon tonight. The stars shined brightly in the cloudless sky. Lord Elrond and Gandalf were talking in hushed voices about what they were going to perform. Legolas was sent to his room because they did not know how we were going to react to the spells and didn't want him to be in there if they could help it. Not going to lie, that scared the shit out of me. Why was I allowing them to do this again?

"Okay, we are ready. Come sit in this chair, Riley." Well, I'm out of time.

"Is it going to hurt?" I asked as I sat down trying to put on a brave face. Amanda is sitting on a bench in the hallway waiting her turn because apparently I got us stuck in this position so I had to go first.

"I am afraid I do not know, young one." Gandalf replied with a sigh. I began to chew on my bottom lip and I tasted blood. Wow, I'm really freaking out. I dabbed it with my finger to see if I was actually bleeding. I was.

Elrond looked at me with a pitiful look as I smeared the blood between all of my fingers, trying to dispose of it without wiping it on my dress or the chair.

"Okay, ready? 1-2-"

"Wait" I squeaked. Gandalf put his hands down since they were hovering over my head.

"Is something wrong?" He asked gently.

"Okay, so I may have lied a teensy weensy bit..." I said as I held up two fingers only about a centimeter apart to show how small teensy weensy was. The elf and wizard exchanged looks and then both looked at me expectantly.

"Well, go on." Gandalf urged. I took a deep sigh and let the cat out of the bag.

"I know where my home is and how I got here. I don't really believe how I got here myself, but it's the only explanation I have, so keep an open-mind. Amanda and I aren't from this... World? I'm not quite sure what to call it. We are from the 21st century of planet Earth. The year we come from is 2014, and in our world your lives are sort of a book series." I begin. They look at me with expressions I can't evaluate.

"We should get Amanda in here, also." Elrond suggests. I internally clap with relief as he goes to get her.

"Now tell us, if you are from a different world how did you end up here?" Gandalf asks. At least they believe that part, right?

"Well you see me and Riley live in the middle of a place called Pennsylvania. We got invited to go to the beach and seeing as we had nothing better to do, we went. Anyway, on our way home we came across these woods, and Riley thought they looked a lot like Mirkwood from the book series you guys are in. so being the honorable fans we are, we went exploring. After that I'm not quite sure what happens. It gets fuzzy and then goes black. Riley?" Amanda looks at me to continue our story. I nod and continue as best I can without sounding like a lunatic.

"Well I climbed a tree just for the fun of it and when I came down Amanda was gone. I have a sort of history with abandonment and I started to have a panic attack and I could barely breathe and I was crying. I moved to sit against the trunk of a tree and sat there for at least an hour. Then I heard the sound of an arrow being pulled back in a bow and when I turned around Legolas was there. Then I woke up in the Mirkwood kingdom. I didn't think they would believe where we were from so we sort of lied so they wouldn't murder us on the spot for being crazy. Then one thing led to another and ta-da, we're here." I said trying to make it as understandable as I could.

"So you're telling me, our life is a book?" Elrond spoke up first.

"Really? That's what you got from that story?" I said dumbstruck. He looked a little taken aback, but sort of shrugged and nodded.

"How do we believe you?" Gandalf asks abruptly.

"Uh we could tell you some stuff from the books?" Amanda suggests. They nod in approval of the idea and she begins.

"Let's see. The point of view is in the eyes of Bilbo Baggins in the story of the Hobbit. It takes us on his adventure with the dwarves to reclaim their homeland from the dragon, Smaug." They nod and I continue this time.

"We know how the company stayed here, in Rivendell, for a while and you told them how to read the moon-letters or something like that on their map, and that you named their swords that they had found in the troll cave." Lord Elrond was looking into my eyes and honestly it crept me out a little. It was like he was looking straight into my soul.

"We know about the One Ring!" shouted Amanda thinking that would solve it all. I looked at her like she was an idiot, but she continued.

"We know how you tried to dispose of the ring, Lord Elrond, but how Isildur refused and left with the ring. It could have been over, it should have been over, but the weakness of humankind kept the evil alive. We know Bilbo Baggins has the ring and depending on the date, you might know as well, Gandalf." We all turned our attention to Gandalf. He was staring at the ground and nodded, deep in thought.

"Well we also know that Frodo Baggins may have the ring, or soon will, maybe he already has it. We don't know." I chime in.

"He has the ring. He is supposed to be on his way here with it, actually." Gandalf replies.

"Does that mean that Sarumon..." I trailed off while Gandalf nodded once again.

"I'm sorry. But the Nazguls are after Frodo. You have to find him! In the book, Arwen goes and finds Aragorn and saves Frodo only in the nick of time! You must be prepared to save him, Lord Elrond." I plead. If he's here, then we could be the murderers of Frodo.

"I shall send my daughter, but tell me, does she get hurt?" He asks, obviously worried for her.

"Just a scratch on the cheek." I reply with a smile. He lets out a sigh and rushes out the door.

"Cat's out of the bag." I laugh halfheartedly. Amanda smiles a little, but Gandalf looks me in the eyes.

"You cannot tell this to anyone else, do you understand?" he asks. We nod. "You two should go to bed." He suggests. I don't reply, just stand up and walk to my bedroom.

I really hope I did the right thing...