River

India's POV

    "It's kinda chilly out tonight, or is that just me?" I ask as I rubbed my goosebumps.

   "It's just you." Justin says as we walk toward the pool. I was stripped to my bathing suit cause Justin thought it would be a good idea to go for a swim. It was 62 degrees!!

"Hey is this thing heated." I asked him as he throws his shirt behind his shoulders.

"I don't know. You should check." He says with a smirk. I sighed. I took a few steps before I was at the edge of the pool and bent down to check the water....

I gasp as I'm headed straight for the water. I swam back to the surface and wiped my face before I could say anything.

"Justin!" I angrily called his name. Only to find him laughing like a idiot. I roll my eyes at him.

"Hey. At least it's heated." He says before jumping in.

"I hate you." I say as he swam closer to me.

"I love you too." Gosh I wanted to hit him and kiss him at the same time.

As soon as he got close, I did just that. Hit him on the shoulder and pulled him to me. But he beat me to it.

I for real could kiss this dude's lips for forever. If he'd let me.

"Justin!!" I heard someone call his name from in the house. Justin looks up. And he hear his name get called again.

"Who is that?" I asked confused. He gets out the water. But he didn't answer.

Justin's POV

I walked in the house through the back door after grabbing a towel. I heard the piano being played so I went into the game room.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. She glanced back at me then continued playing.

"River?" I ask again. She stops but doesn't turn to look at me.

"I just needed to talk to you." Her head was down. She sounded like she's been crying for a while. I walked to her.

"Ok. River, then talk to me." I sat in the other side of the piano seat. She wipes a tear away.

"I just.... I just." She gets cut off by India walking in the room. We both look up at her. India seamed confused.

"Oh. Justin I'm sorry. I came at the wrong time. Gosh I always have bad timing." She cried as she walked towards the door.

"River wait." I went after her.

I found her sitting in her car. Her knees pulled to her face as she hugged them, wiping tears away. I put on my shirt I was carrying.

"River..."

"Justin you should go back inside. I'm sure your girlfriend wouldn't like this." She says looking away.

"I'm not going in until you tell me what's wrong." I sat next to her on the car.

She sniffs as she wipes a tear.

"Justin. I can't go home." She cried louder as she shook her head. I pulled her head to my chess and she cried.

I played with her hair as I waited for her to clam down so she could talk to me.

When River felt this way. I'm the one she would come to. My shoulder is the one she'd cry on. She literally didn't trust anyone else.

She pulls her head away from chess. She wipes all the tears she wept.

"Their fighting again." She says with her voice low. She shook her before she continued.

"Their getting a divorce Justin." She looks at me.

"Yeah but I thought that's what you wanted?"

"It was. It is. It's just that their blaming everything on me. My dad literally just called me every bad name in the book." I honestly didn't know hat to say to her. So I just held her and let her cry.

Abut 15 minutes of silence passed when River decided she was good.

"I should go home."

"I thought you didn't want to go home?" I asked as she got off the car.

"Yeah but Justin you're with your girlfriend and you guys looked pretty busy."

"So where're you going?"

"Don't worry about me. I'll be fine." She says and then kisses me on the cheek. She walks to the front door of her car as I watched her every move.

"Justin. India's waiting for you." She says as she gets in her car. I looked to the house and back at her. She was pulling out of the driveway. I waited for her to pass the big gate so I could shut it. I went back in the house.

   Walking in it was quiet. My parents were both on a missions trip and so it was just India and I. India's mom went on this missions trip also and Wayne is on a basketball trip with the school team. India was home alone. So she came over here cause I was home alone.

   She wasn't on the kitchen or living room so I went to where I left her. I walked into my room to find her at the edge of the bed wrapped in the blankets like a burrito. She was inches away from falling off.

  I chuckle to myself. Was I really gone for that long. She might have not left me anything to cover myself with but she did leave me some room.

   I sat on the bed for a while just thinking about River. When River gets like this, she's not in her right mind and does things she'd normally wouldn't do. I was worried about her.

   I look up to find two brown eyes speculating me. She didn't say anything, just stared

   "Hi." I chuckled.

"Hi." She says not so interested.

   "What was that about?" She asks

"What was what about?"

    "I don't know maybe the whole River crying thing." She says still wrapped in her burrito.

   "She just has a lot on her mind." I reply.

"Did you just come back now?"

    "Yeah. A few minutes ago."

"Hm." She hummed.

   "Well are you coming to bed?"

  "If you'll let me have some blanket."

Vote vote vote.
Comment comment comment.

XOXO Baby