42: Unexpected

You pulled your hair up in a messy bun. You checked yourself out in the mirror, making sure everything looked right.

You couldn't go wrong with flannel and skinny jeans but this was your birthday and you wanted to look nice for your date.

Was it even a date?

No. Dates are when you flirt with cringy pickup lines and end the night with a kiss. Or even more.

A shiver went up your spine.

Don't think about that stuff. You and Sean aren't like that. Stop it!

Your phone dinged and you headed out the door to meet Sean.

The train ride to Dublin was amazing and tiring. Sean was holding your hand the whole ride and let you lay your head on his shoulder.

That's not something that 'just friends' do but you enjoyed it. Sean would rub the top of your hand softly. It made your eyes get heavy.

You slept for the entire ride. Sean nudged you when the train stopped at your destination.

Sean held your hand as he showed you around the city. The place was beautiful. There where cute little brick shops and plastered buildings painted a bright red. The streets where busy and there was a river with a curved bridge that lead you to the other side.

The stadium was even more gorgeous. It was decorated is roses and memorials.

Some new bands opened up with some strong songs. Every few songs, a new singer would come on stage and give a little speech before they performed. Some of them made you cry.

Sean would rub your back gently as the tears rolled down your face. Every speech was so inspirational.

They all talked about how amazing the lead singer was and how suicide isn't the answer to temporary problems.

That's what got you. Suicide was a touchy subject with you. You had thought about taking your life many time during high school. It wasn't until now that you realized the thought hadn't come to you in a while.

Sean was still holding your hand, enjoying the music. Tears flowed down your cheeks as you stared up at the stage.

A singer was doing a performance of 'One More Light' by Linkin Park. It was one of your favorite songs. You listened to the words and they made you cry even more.

Sean finally noticed and laid a hand on your shoulder. "Are you okay?!" He raised his question over the music.

You looked up at him, tears streaming down your face. Your nose was probably running.

Sean's face went pale. The smile left his jaw and he wrapped you in his arms.

Sean's POV

Raspberry was balling. I didn't know what else to do. I panicked. I had never seen her cry until that moment and I hated every second of it.

I wrapped my arms around her tightly. She sobbed into my shirt.

"It's okay. It's okay." I said into her ear so I knew she'd hear me.

She shook her head. "No it's not." She cried.

I didn't want to question her. But I did.

"Why do you say that?" I ask.

"Because I had thoughts like that!" She cried.

I knew exactly what she was talking about. I've delt with people about this topic before. I got messages and comments about how I supposedly 'saved' them. I never know what to say to those people. I try not to sound redundant.

All I could do was hold her in my arms. There wasn't anything I could say to her. I just let her cry.

She wouldn't lift her head, even if she wasn't crying. It was placed in the perfect spot.

I held her tightly and rocked her gently from side to side. The song that was playing was very emotional. I started to tear up but I didn't want her to see.

That's when she lifted her head to face mine.

I quickly blinked away the tears and rubbed my nose.

She looked like she had calmed down but now that she saw my water works, she was about to loose it again.

I gave her a reassuring smile but it doesn't work for me. I couldn't stop crying. I looked back as Rasp. She had a smile on her face and was on the verge of laughing.

Then I crack up. Then she did.

We both stood there, crying, laughing, all while in each other's arms.

Raspberry cupped my cheeks in the palms of her hands. I placed my forehead against hers and nuzzled her. She did the same to me.

We calmed our laughing but our smiles stayed.

Then something out of the ordinary happened. Something that I never thought would happen.

My eyes where closed but I wish they hadn't have been.

I felt her hands reach the back of my neck. A shock went flying up my back.

She planted a kiss on my lips.

She pulled away only an inch before I took her by the waist and pulled her back into my embrace and kissed her properly.