Chapter 4

{COLBY}

I was busy editing some videos from yesterday, when I saw my door got closed and a figure standing in front of it, out of breath.

I pulled out my earphones and swinged my chair around. I saw Y/N, sweaty and out of breath. "What happened?" I asked, making my way over to her.

"There was. It was. I felt..." she said but couldn't get her words out.
I got one of the water bottles on my desk and opened it for her.
She gladly accepted it and drank half the bottle almost at once.

"Take a seat." I said and she sat on the bed. I took a seat next to her. After I gave her a few minutes of calming down and catching her breath she stared at the wall, blank. Expressionless. Her face had gone pale like she's seen a ghost.

"What happened?" I repeated myself. I rubbed her back to make her even more calm and able to talk about what had happen. "I was busy watching an episode of Family Guy when the TV turned off and on again. It didn't mean much at first." She said and I nodded, showing her that I'm listening to every word she says.

"I kid you not but right after that happened I heard someone or something whispering in my ear, like right behind my ear 'run' and that's what I did." she continued.

"While I was going up the stairs I felt a sharp pain on my arm but I didn't bother to look." she said and I looked at her arm. I noticed that there were 3 scratches on her arm. There was even some blood coming out of it.

"I'll be right back." I said and went to the bathroom next to my bedroom. I opened the drawer and pulled out some ace wrap.

I went back into my room and wrapped it around her arm. She thanked me after I helped her out. "You're acting very brave about this." I said. "I'm just very... shocked." she said and I nodded.

"We'll discuss it later. Maybe tomorrow, but for now you need your sleep." I insisted and she nodded, already yawning. "You can make yourself cosy in my bed. I don't mind." I offered and she got in my bed without hesitation.

I sat back down onto my desk chair and span it back to its normal place. Before I could put my earphones back in, Y/N spoke up again.

"You don't have to use your earphones. I sleep through sound." she said and I nodded taking out my earphones from my laptop and putting them back into my desk drawer.

"Colby, one more thing." she said and I looked at her once more. "Yes." I said with a smile. "Thank you." she said and I gave her a reassuring smile, letting her know everything's cool.

I continued editing my video. I looked over my shoulder seeing Y/N sleeping, peacefully. What happened to her must've shocked her a lot. If I was her I would've never come back to this house.

To think that someone or in that case something is haunting her and threatening her life is terrifying. I wish I could help her, but there isn't much I could do to help.

Not even if I tried. But all I could think of doing is keeping her safe by keeping her in my bedroom away from that and watching over her.

Keeping her away from anything and everything out there.