Chapter 40

{Y/N}

We soon arrived at the house. The car ride here was really awkward, just like I thought it'd be, but not what I wanted.

Colby put the car in park and unlocked the doors, waiting for me to get out. I stayed in my place, looking at my lap.

"The door is unlocked." his voice was soft. I nodded.

"Why aren't you getting out?"

"They aren't going to be happy to see me. I know that for sure. After everything I said to Devyn, and now they probably think I'm fake and...  they aren't ever going to look at me the same way, I'm just Y/N to them now. Nothing more."

"Just come in." I got out and followed Colby towards the front door. He opened it and there were laughs heard in the house, something that I didn't hear in a long time.

"Colby, is that you?" Corey asked from the TV room

"Yeah, and..." He looked at me.

"Did you bring your girlfriend?" Jake teased and Colby shook his head, even though he knew they couldn't see it.

He told me to follow him, so I did. He walked to the TV room and as I walked in behind him the laughs turned into complete silence.

Sam and Jake were the first ones to walk up to me and embrace me.

"We're sorry." they both said and I hugged back.

"I'm the one who should say sorry. I left you all without a goodbye and waited for you to call me when I could've called you. I was selfish on thinking to commit suicide. I'm really sorry." I said through tears.

Corey and Aaron joined the group hug, except for Colby, which I understood.

"Where's Devyn?" I asked.

"In our room." Corey responded.

I started walking out the TV room when I felt a grip on my wrist. I turned around and saw Colby with a questioning look.

"She's my best friend. Let me first go and apologise to her." he nodded and let me go.

"I'll be in my room if you're done." was the last words before I disappeared on the second floor.

The door, leading to Corey and Devyn's room was closed so I knocked.

"Come in." her voice was quivery.

I walked in the room and closed the door. I felt like breaking down when I saw Devyn with bloodshot eyes, tears streaming down her face and a quivery lip.

"Devyn?"

"Y/N, I'm sorry. I'm sorry I wasn't there for you and-" I ran up to her and comforted her.

~25 minutes later~

"Finally, about time." Colby sighed as I walked in his room and closed the door.

"I'm sorry. I can explain everything. And I'll do anything to make up with you." he began and I stayed silent, letting him continue.

"You know what, I'm just going to let the video do the talking." he went on YouTube and soon gave me his phone.

"You made a video of this?" I asked and he nodded.

I watched the whole video, understanding more of the situation.

"So, you didn't mean anything of it?" I asked and set his phone aside.

"No, of course not. I was under the influence of alcohol and my vision was really blurry, she doesn't look like you but my vision and influence made me believe it did."

"How am I suppose to believe you?"

"Y/N, I swear. I wouldn't do anything to hurt you! 'Being drunk' wasn't a cover-up on the problem. I'm just being honest to like I should be. I want you to know the truth. I did this because I still love you, and I miss you." I could see the genuine look in his eyes. He was telling the truth. I know him. It was sincere.

"And if I do take you back, how will I know you won't do it again, being drunk or not?"

"It won't happen again. I won't get that drunk. And I love you." as a smile formed on my lips, one formed on his.

"Promise." he said holding out his pinky.

"Yeah, I'm not doing that." I laugh and moved his finger out the way.

"But you are doing this." before I could question his sentence he pressed his lips against mine.

After a passionate kiss he pulled away and I stood up, heading for the door.

Before I could reach for the door, his hands snaked around my back and turned me around, embracing me in his chest.

"I missed this." I said but he shushed me.

We swayed back and forth, his hand caressing my cheek and playing with the strands of my hair. I kept my hands around his torso whilst his one rested on my hip.

After a couple of minutes his fingers reached under my chin and lifted it up, making me look in his ocean blue eyes.

"I missed us." he said and a smile formed on both our lips as he leaned in for another kiss.

~A/N~

Any ideas for the next chapter.

What do you want to happen in chapter 41??

Comment 'em!

💙💙💙