Chapter 8

{Y/N}

Today I haven't done much. I've woken up. Got ready. And went out for lunch with Colby, Sam and Katrina. We got back and Sam asked me if I was up for a game. I agreed on doing it although I don't know what game he was talking about.

He said that Katrina, Brennen, him and I will be playing the game 'cause we were the only ones up for it. He didn't tell us what game we were going to play but it was a game occurring at midnight, somewhere around that time.

It was now currently 10:45 p.m. and the only people in the house are Katrina, Brennen, Sam and myself. We were in the game room busy watching Rings. I love watching horror movies but this one wasn't scary.

Maybe for some people it was scary but it ain't scary for me. Katrina and Sam were all cute and cuddled up which left me and Brennen alone on the bean bags. Brennen didn't look like he was scared, but Kat genuinely looked frightened.

Finally the movie ended. It was about 11:30 p.m. "Let's go to my room and we could start the game." Sam said and we all stood up, following him to his room. We got in his room and closed the door. Katrina sat on his bed while Brennen sat on a chair and I also sat on the chair in the corner of his room.

"Hello everyone, welcome back. Today I am joined with Katrina, Brennen and Y/N." he said into the camera and continued. "They were the only ones up for the game." he added.

"I've done my research." he said. "So basically we're about to play the Midnight Man game." he continued and I groaned. "When you said a game I thought you meant like hide and seek not fucking Midnight Man." I said in frustration.

Katrina laughed along with a few chuckles from both Brennen and Sam. "The Midnight Man is basically a ritual that was performed for punishment towards those who disobey the god's but now used to be played as a game for thrill seekers. What you do is you invite the Midnight Man into your home. It is recommended that you do not try this." he continued letting out a nervous chuckle.

"First we're gonna have to write our full name onto a piece of paper." he said and gave everyone a piece of paper and a pen. I began writing my full name.
'Y/F/N'

"Second we're gonna have to prick our fingers cause we're going to have to put our blood on the paper and let it soak in." he continued and showed the knife to us. "This is the only thing I've got." he said and a weird smile formed on his lips.

I think I might've heard Kat shriek. I have done the game before but I have never pricked my finger with a knife.
Sam furiously cut into his finger before blood came out. He smeared the blood on the paper, wiating for it to saok in and cleaned the knife . It was up to Brennen now.

Brennen did the same as Sam but a bit more harshly. He smeared the blood onto the paper, waited for it to soak in and cleaned the knife, handing it over to me. I hesitantly looked at the knife before giving in and beginning to cut. Finally I got a bit of blood and smeared it on my paper, letting it soak in.

Kat said she doesn't want to cut her finger. We we're fine with that. Anyways we couldn't make her do it. It's her life, her choices. It was 11:35. Not much time have passed. Sam decided on reading the rules.

"This is while the Midnight Man is in your house." he said and we all nodded.

"If you're candle goes out, it means that the Midnight Man is near you. Relight it in under ten seconds. If you fail doing that surround yourself in a circle of salt, the Midnight Man will not be able to harm you in any way." he said and I felt a wash of relieve through my whole body.

"The signs that the Midnight Man is near you. You will feel a drop in temperature which means you will feel cold. You will hear low whispers. You will see a shadowy figure of a man in the darkness. And of course your candle will go out."