Chapter 46

"In all seriousness," she untangled their fingers and placed her hand back on her stomach. "I can't do this."

"W- what do you mean you can't do this?" he struggled to ask as he knew exactly what she had meant by that sentence.

"I mean, I just-", she looked down with a sudden pang of guilt washing over her as she tried to explain to him.

"I know what you mean." his words came off a bit too harsh but the anger and devastation inside him made him lose all focus. It felt like his whole world has stopped turning and the only sight in front of him was a plain and boring wall.

"Colby, I just want you to understand that this is not your fault and that this is my fault and I di-"

"How much do you want from me? I've been spending almost every hour of my day with you! I've been caring for you! And now you want to give up? This is b.ullshit! I'm giving everything I have to support you and all I get is you who suddenly doesn't want to f.ucking try and defeat this illness!"

"What's the point in trying to defeat this illness when I'm too weak? And why all of a sudden do you care if I die or not? I could've already be dead because of all your f.ucking stupid ass pranks you d.ickhead!"

"You know what? It wasn't my fault you didn't listen to me calling your name a thousand times before running off! If you could've just stayed for one second or opened your ears you wouldn't have gotten into that accident! So don't blame everything on me!"

"I only want you to be happy-", there was a sudden hiccup from her as a few tears slipped down her cheeks, "Should I f.ucking spell it out to you?"

"How am I suppose to be happy when you want to quit and di-"

"You should move on, Colby. I'm not going to be here forever, and who wants a disease as a girlfriend? Just get some common sense!"

"No! No, I won't let this happen! I don't care if you're sick or if you are healthy, rich or poor! I don't care! I love you and that's all that matters! I won't let them uplug those machines! You're going to keep fighting, period!", he inhaled and wiped his face with his palm before continuing, "because you love me."

"I do love you, Colby, but if you were to be in the same position as I then you'd do the same." he came closer to her and pressed his lips against hers before she could speak any further.

"I understand, and I support your choice but just remember that I'll always be obsessed about you even when you're not next to me anymore."

There were a few minutes of comfortable silence as they shared a stare only they could understand so Colby decided to speak up once more.

"I have something to ask you," he looked her in the eyes and he suddenly got down on one knee and pulled a little black box out of his pocket, "Would you do me the honors of-"

He opened the box and her eyes opened in surprise as her signature smile hugged her lips.

"-having a date with me by the beach?" they both shared a hearted laugh as he took amusement park tickets out the box, not knowing how he got them in there, and then she corrected him.

"You probably mean an amusement park date, right?" He laughed which caused a heartwarming smile to form on her lips.

"So would you?"

"I would."