Take It or Leave It

Jimmy's POV

The party was amazing. Jonesy really knows how to get things going. Almost everyone on the guest list came! Robert, Jonesy, and I got up on stage to preform a song that we were writing for this day. I don't know if he liked it, because his face is hard to read, but I'm sure he appreciated it. 

After the crowd cleared out, I popped open a beer and sat on the couch. I stared at the huge mess the wild animals made, which would probably take weeks to clean. I took a quick swig of the beer and wiped my mouth with my sleeve. I didn't want to get too drunk because I didn't want to do anything I would regret. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Kat, sitting on the other end of the couch. She was crawled up into a ball, her back turned to me. She was probably sleeping, so I didn't want to bother her. Soon, she began to stir laid her head in my lap. I chuckled and ran my fingers through her wavy brown hair. Her face was so defined and unique. Her freckles looked like angel kisses and her eyelashes were so long that when she closed her eyes they touched her cheek. I carefully placed my hand on her face and stroked her cheek with my thumb. The corners of her mouth formed into a smile as she placed her hand onto mine. So, she wasn't asleep after all I guess. 

***

I lay awake in my bed, staring at the popcorn ceiling until the pattern was burned into my memory. I managed to get a few hours of sleep, before Bonzo came in and began shaking me awake. "Get your lazy ass out of bed!" 

I chuckled, "Too much cake Bonzo?"

"The only thing good about that cake was that nobody jumped out of it this time." We both laughed until our sides hurt. Bonzo smiled, "Well someone's in a good mood for once." I didn't know what he was trying to say at first, but then I realized that I was in a really good mood. My face was cracked from so much smiling, that never happened before. "When you have the perfect girl, the only thing you can do is be happy."

"Oh, Kat?" he asked wiggling his eyebrows. I laughed and playfully punched him in the arm. "Stop it," I teased, "She really means a lot to me."

"I'm sure she does." There was a long pause, until I heard a knock at the door. We both looked at each other, debating in our heads who should answer it. "i'll get in," Bonzo said as he made his way to the door. I nodded and continue to dig through the dresser for a decent shirt to wear. "Oh, hey Peter, how is it going?" I heard Bonzo say. I looked up and saw Peter standing in the doorway with his hat covering his eyes and a cigarette hanging from his mouth. "I need to talk to Jimmy," he said in a deep voice. I approached him, "Is everything okay, Pete?"

"Get dressed and meet me in my room." He took one good look at me and left without saying another word. Bonzo closed the door and looked at me with a worried expression. "What did you do this time?" he asked.

"I didn't do anything, Bonzo, relax."

"Then why did he give you that look?"

"Pete is probably just tired, you know how he is." 

"Hmm, that's true."

"Exactly, so let it go." Bonzo nodded, seeming to understand where I was coming from with this. But to be honest, I was a little scared. Peter seemed to firm and rigid, I don't know what to expect. I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping for the best. Bonzo came up to me and patted my on the back, "Welp, I better get going. Tell me how it goes with you and Pete."