Chapter 22

I ran all the way back home, bawling my eyes out.

I couldn't see where I was going, and I bumped into someone, I looked up and saw...

Gemma?

"Piper, I'm really sorry" She said to me, whilst holding a hand out to me and hoisting me up.

"Are you okay? What's the matter?" She asked me.

"I....we...I....um" I stuttered. I couldn't speak without crying, so Gemma led me to a bench.

"Are you missing Harry?" She asked me.

"T-that's part o-of it."

"Then tell me"

"Well, I tried texting him, but I guess he was too busy. He was really distant from me. But when I found out he came back here to collect more stuff, I didn't get why he didn't want to see me. Slowly, he hardly texted me at all, just the occasional text if I was lucky. But then, in the corner shop today, I saw a magazine with the boys on the front cover, I looked at it. It s-said.... Harry Styles talks about b-being single." I explained to her as best I could.

"Piper. Listen to me. Don't let go of him. He loves you. He's just being a douche. I'll talk to him" She sighed as we were walking home.

"Thanks. But I think I already lost him" I said to Gemma. I went inside and ran upstairs into my room and started to play my piano. It always gets me relaxed.

GEMMA'S POV

Harry is being a complete and utter idiot.

What the hell is he doing? Just throwing away something as special as her.

I went upstairs and into Harry's room.

"Yes?"

"It's Gemma"

"Come in"

Yes. Harry's home. Just for two days.

"What do you think you're doing?" I asked him.

"Erm.. I... Don't know what your talking about??" He said.

"Oh. Right. Well, I've just seen this poor girl who happens to live next door to you crying her eyes out because of YOU"

"You didn't tell her I was back did you?"

"No. But why did you do this Harry? Your throwing away something even more special than that T.V show. Your throwing away the love of your life."

"I-I just don't want to hurt her again. And anyway, I can't really handle long distance relationships right now. It's too much"

"Hmp. Just think what your doing" I said before walking out.

HARRY'S POV

Gemma slammed the door behind her.

I don't know what to do anymore.

I told the newspapers I was single, I just couldn't handle it right now.

I know it was hard on Piper, but it's for the best..

I was snapped out of my thoughts by some music playing, piano music..

I went outside to the balcony, she was singing too.

She was absolutely beautiful. I still haven't taken off the necklace she gave me. I still love her. But I couldn't break her again.

The piano music stopped playing, and all I heard was sobbing. I felt really bad..

PIPER'S POV

I couldn't take it anymore. I had to start fresh. Somewhere new. Where I had no worries.

I could leave school early and go to music college.

I went to my bed and laid down, thinking about Harry. It felt like he was really close to me now.

I looked at the necklace he gave me and cried even more before goingto sleep.

I've been crying myself to sleep for ever now...