Chapter 42

I cried until there were no more tears left. I have just had enough and I am absolutely exhausted. I must look awful.

"Come on Piper. Inside, you're exhausted" My mum said to me, guiding me inside. Yup, my mum knows me too well. My legs, neck and arms are really sore, I need a bath. I took my shoes off and my jacket and turned to mum.

"How's Harper?" I asked her.

"She's doing alright. She's in the living room, trying to walk in her crutches, but she still needs a wheelchair"

Harpers going to need a wheelchair for the next 4 months. That's going to be a bugger for mum.

"I'm going to run a bath. Being pregnant has a lot of downsides" I chuckled.

"Can I get you anything?"

"No thanks mum. Um, what's the date?" I asked her. i have completely lost track of the date.

"Um, the 21st of January"

"What?! That quick??"

It's nearly been a month.. How is that even possible? I walked upstairs into my bedroom.

I took a towel off from my bed, and turned around, to see my piano. Loads of memories flooded back to me, ones when I would play to my dad, mum, sister. And most importantly, Harry.

I put my hand down my top and took my necklace off me. The heart locket that Harry gave me. I haven't taken it off since he gave it to me. I put it back on, stripped, put my towel over me and walked into the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror. My stomach is growing rapidly. Is that normal? I will need to go to the hospital and book an appointment for an ultra-sound. God am I scared.

I ran the bath and looked at myself in the mirror. My skin looks dull and I have big bags under my eyes. My hair is tangled up and all over the place. I took a hairbrush and started to comb it, to get all the tangles out.

I locked the door and took my towel off me and got in the bath. I stopped the water from running and closed my eyes for a bit...

***

I abruptly opened my eyes to find someone knocking on my door.

"Piper? Piper are you okay? I just got off the phone to Auntie Lesley. What's all this stuff about going to Paris?!" My mum sounded shocked and annoyed. Oh shit... How could I forget to mention that to her?

"Ughh, yeah I'm coming out now"

I looked at my fingers to find them all wrinkly. I must have been in here for a while.

I grabbed the towel and dried myself before walking out to an angry looking mum.

"Why the hell would you want to go to Paris?" She asked me, clearly annoyed.

"Because I will have a better chance in life to do what I want. More opportunities. This is a once in a life time thing mum"

"PIPER! Your pregnant for god sake! There is no way you're going to Paris!"

"What?! This is my future we are talking about here!"

"Your future is a really important thing. You can go to London, but not to Paris. I'm sorry Piper. If you were not pregnant, I might have let you go, but this is too far."

"Mum! It's my life, I can do what I want! You can't hold me back!"

"No! I have enough problems to deal with"

"Fine then!"

She walked out of my room and I just cried. I can't take it anymore. I am this close to topping myself.