Chapter 26

"Please. Please don't just tell me you said that" I whispered quietly to Hannah.

"Yeah, why? I thought you would be excited"

I haven't told Hannah that I used to go out with Harry Styles.

"No, I'm not excited. When are they coming?" I asked wearily.

"Tonight"

Okay, I was freaking out now.

"Oh, god. This can't be happening." I whispered before running up to my room.

Out of all the music colleges and universities in London, they had to pick this one...

I unlocked my door and collapsed on my bed.

I checked the time. 2:54 pm.

They were coming tonight.

I just couldn't drop out of college for this, but I was scared out of my wits.

Harry's changed, he proved that to me.

Well, I've changed too, for the better.

I will NOT let him hurt me again like he did.

I heard a knock on my door,

"Who is it?" I asked.

"Hannah, can I come in?"

I got up from my bed and opened the door, and went straight to my bed.

"Hey, what's the matter?" She asked me.

"I'll tell you. But you have to promise not to tell anyone, promise"

"Yeah. I promise, now tell me" She urged me.

"Well, I moved to Holmes Chapel, and my next door neighbour was...Harry" I whispered.

"WHAT?!?" She screamed.

"Please, just listen. I went out with him, until he went to the X Factor. He did call me at first, but then he got more distant. A few months later, all of that stopped. I went to the corner shop to get some stuff, and then I saw the headline:

'Harry Styles talks about being single'" I cried out to her, "I was just heart broken that he forgot about me"

"I'm so sorry Piper. I never knew"

"It's my fault. I should of told you later"

"Don't worry. People like that just let everything go to their heads, and they don't care what stands in their way"

"But he said he wouldn't let everything get to his head"

"Well, he was wrong" She hugged me before standing up.

"Come on. We got to get to our classes"

I got up and put my piano music sheets in my bag, as well as my laptop and went downstairs to my tutor.

***

"God, what a heck of a day. I have to write a bloody essay on Beethoven. What am I meant to do on that? It's not like it'll be useful" I blabbered on to Hannah as we walked into the changing rooms at the swimming pool.

"I need to make up a whole new ballet dance routine" She moaned from the other cubicle as we were getting changed.

I put my clothes in one of the lockers. I wore a red swimming costume with black square patterns on it.

Hannah walked out, she was wearing a black swimming costume with white flowers.

"Are you ready?" I asked her.

"Yep"

We walked into the swimming pool and dived in on one of the diving boards.

***

"Haha, that was so funny!" I laughed at Hannah as we walked back to the college.

"Aww, come on. It wasn't that funny!"

"Hannah, you fell off the diving board trying to impress a lifeguard, and ended up doing a belly flop instead!"

"Yeah, yeah. Hey, what's that van doing over there?" She said.

I looked around and saw a big black van parked across the road.

I totally forgot about One Direction.

"They're here, quick. Up to my room"

We hurried up to my room and I collapsed onto the couch.

"I totally forgot, sorry" Hannah said.

"Me too"

"What should you do now?" She asked me.

"Well...I'll keep my head down. We need to go to dinner anyway"

We walked out of my room and went downstairs to dinner.

"AHH THERE HERE!" A few girls screamed from nearby.

I walked faster into the hall and sat myself down in my usual seat and got dinner.

***

"Hannah, I'm just going to go out for a little walk, okay" I said to Hannah after dinner.

"Do you want me to come with you?"

"No, I'll be fine"

I walked outside to the snowy grounds and over to the now frozen lake.

"God, why does my life have to be like this?" I looked up at the sky, it was a clear, dark sky, with the stars shining bright and the full moon was out.

"Some people just get it so easy, unlike me. I have to deal with it the hard way." I closed my eyes for a few minutes, until I heard,

"We meet again"...