Chapter 24

1 MONTH LATER....

BEEP...

BEEP...

BEEP...

I looked at the time. 7.20am.

I switched my alarm clock off and got out of bed, this is the day..

I went to see the college with mum, down in London, and it's huge! I don't even know how I'm going to find my way round.

I walked to my bathroom, showered and got dressed in a fluffy white hoodie, skinny jeans and my Doc. Martins, seeing as its cold now.

I packed the last of my stuff in my suitcases and went downstairs to the living room.

The news came on the telly. One thing caught my eye.

Harry....

They've been on the news quite a lot of times, but Harry has the most.

I wonder who his new girlfriend is now..

Last week it was Rebekah, but I guess her plan didn't work out so well.

'Latest reports show Harry Styles leaving Caroline Flacks house early this morning'

What!?!?

Caroline Flack!!

She's like 32...

I switched the telly off, not wanting to hear anymore.

They're everywhere now.

On the telly, newspapers and magazines.

And they're still on the bloody X Factor!!

God, doesn't that show ever stop?

"Do you want pancakes Piper?" My mum asked me.

"Um..yes please"

I went into the kitchen, grabbed my pancakes and sat down at the table.

"How are you feeling about all this?" My mum asked me.

"A bit nervous. I'm going to be on my own, and I hardly know the place." I confessed.

"Once you get used to it, you'll be okay"

"Yeah, I guess"

***

"Ready to go?" My mum asked me as I put my last suitcase in the car.

"Yep"

Harper was at her friends house for the night so she didn't have to come with us.

I got into the car as we drove away.

' I was asleep in my bed, that's when I heard a knocking noise.

I got out of bed and checked my bedroom door. No one was there.

I checked my bathroom door. No one was there.

I heard the knocking noise again, so I raced to the balcony door and swung it wide open.

There stood Harry.

"Piper! I've missed you so much! I love you" He said to me.

I rushed up to him to give him a hug, but when I wrapped my arms around him, he was gone in a puff of smoke..'

I woke up from my dream. I've been having that dream every night since Harry left.

It was more of a nightmare than a dream.

I got my iPhone out and listened to some music until we got there.

***

"We're here Piper" My mum said to me.

I got out of the car to see the college. It looked really big and scary.

Loads of people were here and roaming around outside.

We grabbed my suitcases and went inside.

"Hmm, where's the front desk?" Mum asked.

"Erm....over there I think" I said to her, pointing to a big room that says 'Office'.

We walked over there and I knocked on the door.

A fairly old lady with glasses opened the door, I saw her when I was visiting.

"Hello Piper! Nice to see you"

"Hi Mrs Robertson. Nice to see you"

"Hi Kirsty. Let me show Piper to her room first and then you can have a proper look round" Mrs Robertson said to mum.

We went down corridors and up the stairs to the rooms.

"This is where you'll be staying Piper."

She opened the door to my room.

It had a bed, a telly, a small couch, a desk, and because we paid extra for the en-suit, there was a bathroom in here too.

"Thanks. It's just perfect"

"You're welcome darling. Now I'll leave you to it and you can look around" Mrs Robertson said before leaving us.

We dropped my suitcases on the floor.

"Let's have a look round" I told my mum.

We looked around everywhere. There was a big dining hall, a courtyard, swimming pools, tennis courts for activities.

There were LOADS of rooms.

Each room had different sort of music.

I never knew but this is also where you dance and act. Like broadway.

We explored outside, and found out there was a small lake, similar to the one where Harry took me. All those memories came back at me like a ton of bricks.

***

"Have a good time here Piper. And you can always come back up to see us" My mum said to me as she got in the car.

"Yeah mum. I'll be fine. Don't worry about me" I told her.

"I love you Piper"

"Love you too mum"

"Bye" And with that, she drove away.

I slowly walked back to my room, not looking where I was going, I bumped into someone.

"Oh, sor- Hannah? Is that you!" I cried out.

"Oh My God! Piper! I thought I was never going to see you again!" She said to me as she gave me a hug.

Hannah was my best friend before I moved to Holmes Chapel. She always liked to dance.

"Yeah, neither did I! Are you doing dancing?" I asked her.

"Yeah, I am. What are you here for?"

"I'm studying music" I said proudly.

"Cool. Well I need to go practise now, see ya"

"Yeah, bye"

Hannah went off to one of the practice rooms and I headed back upstairs.

***

I nearly finished unpacking the rest of my stuff.

I put my laptop on the desk and sat down on my bed.

I pulled the letter Harry wrote to me that night and read it over and over again, thinking to myself I still had a chance with him, but deep down inside, I knew I could never have him back..